How To Backup And Restore Old Software Registry? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I Used Original Registry File By Replacing "C:\Windows\System32\config\RegBack" Registry Files To "C:\Windows\System32\config" For Fix My Registry Problems.

But Now Some Applications And Settings Deleted in My Windows.

I Have My Old Registry Files And I Can Restore My Old Registry File But I don't Now How to Backup My Applications And Restoring To New Registry Files.

How Can I Restoring My Old Registry Applications To New Registry Files?

Sorry For My Bad English

• Edited by m.aminl557 Sunday, July 28, 2019 8:43 AM
    Sunday, July 28, 2019 8:41 AM

All replies

• It would be best to reinstall the effected programs.
    Sunday, July 28, 2019 8:41 PM
  • TechNet says for a user backup files/data/simply open my computer/R.click on C: Users/locate youre user account/move to a new folder you created in desktop,once thru,R.click on folder/move to cd...As this does not save all pc/OS data,it will save the user files/settings...

As far as registry data,Microsoft has always said :"Do not edit the registry"   Hence,the reason to save user data.. 

Sunday, July 28, 2019 11:40 PM
  • Hi,

Maybe some third party application could be helpful:

CloneApp: Free Tool To Backup And Restore App Settings In Windows 10

https://www.intowindows.com/cloneapp-free-tool-to-backup-and-restore-app-settings-in-windows/

Please Note: The third-party product discussed here is manufactured by a company that is independent of Microsoft. We make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding this product's performance or reliability. Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Best Regards,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, July 29, 2019 4:55 PM
  • HI GTS-NJ,

I Think This Best Way To Restore My Applications,But I Need To Old Registry Settings.

(Thank You For Your Replying)
    • Edited by m.aminl557 Monday, July 29, 2019 8:10 PM
    Monday, July 29, 2019 8:10 PM
  • Hi Andrew,

Thank You For Your Replying

I actually not understand what you mean

You Say I Backup My User Data In C:\Users\MyUser To Newfolder In My Desktop(Or Any Location)

And Replaced When I Used New Registry File?

Can you explain more precisely?

• Edited by m.aminl557 Monday, July 29, 2019 8:34 PM
    Monday, July 29, 2019 8:25 PM
  • Hi David_Ding2018,

Thank You For Your Replying

I Sorry, I Forgot That Saying My Operating System.

I Used Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Can I Used This App Or Any App Like This?

Monday, July 29, 2019 8:30 PM
  • Hi,

The CloneApp applies to Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7 or Vista, including both 32-bit and 64-bit versions. You may have a try.

Best Regards,

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, July 30, 2019 2:04 AM
  • Hi David_Ding2018,

Thank You I Used This App But This App It doesn 't support all my Applications.

I Need To My Old VPN And Antivirus And Many other important applications.

Can You Tell Me another App Like This?

Tuesday, July 30, 2019 1:36 PM
  • Is there no one to solve my problem ? 
    Sunday, August 4, 2019 5:21 AM
  • Hi,

You may try other backup software such as PickMeApp, Handy Backup and so on. I have not tested them. You can also google some other application backup software.

Best Regards,

Friday, August 9, 2019 8:58 AM