Win 10 Pro 14332 and Office 2016 - Outlook Install Issue RRS feed

• Question

• Performed a clean install of Win 10 14332 and all is working well with the exception of installing my corporate MS Exchange email via Office 2016.

The issue is when I launch MS Outlook and provide the appropriate credentials (email, password, etc.) I receive the additional MS Security prompting for the corporate MS Exchange email/account (password (email or Domain account). The issue, even though the MS Security box is present I can’t click the field to enter the password and MS Outlook (32) goes into a Not Responding status in task manager – see below.

Never had this issue in the past until this latest build – installed successfully on every prior build. Any advice/direction would be appreciated. Thanks

Wednesday, April 27, 2016 4:30 PM

Answers

• in procexplorer you can see that it's the getdpiformonitor function which is causing the freeze, so set back your dpi to 100% and it works. this is pretty small on the new surface devices but as soon as the credentials are stored in cred. man. it's working on +100% too. hope this will be adressed in a coming fix...
    • Proposed as answer by Allen_WangJF Wednesday, May 4, 2016 1:27 AM
    • Marked as answer by Allen_WangJF Sunday, May 8, 2016 11:57 AM
    Tuesday, May 3, 2016 7:26 PM

All replies

• Hey Guyp2k,

Sounds like this may be more an issue for the Outlook forums.

www.SuperTekBoy.com | Find me on Twitter | LinkedIn

Wednesday, April 27, 2016 4:46 PM
  • LOL - told to post here from the Outlook forum and now vice-versa....Just typical!
    Wednesday, April 27, 2016 5:31 PM
  • Hey Guyp2k,

Is this repeatable from other hardware with the same builds?

www.SuperTekBoy.com | Find me on Twitter | LinkedIn

Wednesday, April 27, 2016 5:39 PM
  • Hi,

For your question, I want to double confirm:
    1. Can you reproduce this issue on other Outlook 2016 client?
    2. How about run Outlook with Online or cache mode for testing?
    3. Which Exchange version are you used?

Outlook 2016 cannot connect to Exchange 2007, please post more details about this issue. Also, more information about Outlook 2016: What Exchange admins need to know, for your reference:
    https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/exchange/2015/11/19/outlook-2016-what-exchange-admins-need-to-know/

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Allen Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, April 28, 2016 7:27 AM
  • exactly the same on my machine (14332 build). had to change my domain password, now outlook is no more usable. even after a credential manager cleanup. any ideas so far?
    Tuesday, May 3, 2016 12:19 PM
  • I have exactly the same problem the Outlook Security Window appears it cannot be selected, moved or typed in to allow access to Outlook. Same problem occurs when stating Skype as that tries to access Outlook as well.
    Tuesday, May 3, 2016 1:54 PM
  • in procexplorer you can see that it's the getdpiformonitor function which is causing the freeze, so set back your dpi to 100% and it works. this is pretty small on the new surface devices but as soon as the credentials are stored in cred. man. it's working on +100% too. hope this will be adressed in a coming fix...
    • Proposed as answer by Allen_WangJF Wednesday, May 4, 2016 1:27 AM
    • Marked as answer by Allen_WangJF Sunday, May 8, 2016 11:57 AM
    Tuesday, May 3, 2016 7:26 PM
  • Thank you very much for your post! Fixed it for me :)
    Wednesday, May 4, 2016 10:24 AM