Polycom Cx600 and Music on hold RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

if i answer with linc headset and i try music on hold the caller hear the music but if i answer with the polycom cx600 and i try music on hold the caller can't hear the music.

Best regard

Friday, July 8, 2011 3:28 PM

Answers

• Hi,

The Lync music on hold is different from Phone music on hold. If you want your phone to support music on hold, your mediation gateway or pbx should have the options work for music on hold.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Proposed as answer by Sean_Xiao Monday, July 18, 2011 2:14 AM
    • Marked as answer by Sean_Xiao Wednesday, July 20, 2011 1:28 AM
    Tuesday, July 12, 2011 3:22 AM

All replies

•  

I believe only the lync software client will provide Music on hold, not the IP phones like the cx600

If a post is helpful, please take a second to hit the green arrow on the left, or mark as answer, thanks
    Tom Arbuthnot, Consultant Modality Systems
    Blog: Lync'd Up Blog Subscribe: RSS
    Twitter @tomarbuthnot
    Friday, July 8, 2011 7:47 PM
  • Hi,

The Lync music on hold is different from Phone music on hold. If you want your phone to support music on hold, your mediation gateway or pbx should have the options work for music on hold.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Proposed as answer by Sean_Xiao Monday, July 18, 2011 2:14 AM
    • Marked as answer by Sean_Xiao Wednesday, July 20, 2011 1:28 AM
    Tuesday, July 12, 2011 3:22 AM
  • Lync Phone Edition get music on hold feature in Dec 2012 Update:
    http://windowspbx.blogspot.com/2012/12/lync-phone-edition-gets-much.html

+Say thanks and observe basic forum courtesy:
    +If this post answered your question, Mark As Answer
    +If this post was helpful, Vote as Helpful

windowspbx blog: my thots/howtos
    see/submit Lync suggestions here: simple and public

Thursday, December 20, 2012 11:44 PM