none
IE Website Allowing/Blocking...? RRS feed

• Question

• I was provided with a list of websites to "allow" and everything else "block." I was thinking it would be best to see if I could just set it up to allow these sites and anything else restrict access too.

Would I need to add  these sites in IE or in SteadyState or both? 

Thanks,

Thursday, July 19, 2007 7:36 PM

Answers

• You would only have to do it in SteadyState if the the profile you are wanting to restrict web access to is the one locked down.  Under the USER RESTRICTIONS, then the FEATURE RESTRICTIONS tab.  Under the Internet Explorer Restrictions section, put a check in Prevent Internet Access (except websites below).  Then at the bottom of the window in the space marked "Web Addresses Allowed" enter your websites.  I think you will have to use either a space between sites, or a comma.  This should do it.  Some examples though.  If you put *.microsoft.com  That will allow any page in the microsoft.com domain.  It will not allow access to www.msn.com which it might link off of (not the Halo 3 ad that comes up on the side).  Any graphics on the page that are not hosted on that domain will not show up either!

Good luck

Thursday, July 19, 2007 8:07 PM