none
Using DPM 2010 as secondary protection of a DPM 2007 server RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I would like to protect a DPM 2007 server with a new DPM 2010 box. Is this possible? I'm having some problems verifying whether this is possible. I've tried installing the DPM 2010 agent onto the DPM 2007 box and get the following errors:

Install protection agent on the target DPM server failed:

Error 33120: Unable to configure security settings for DpmDRTrustedMachines group on the target DPM computer for the source DPM 2010 server.

Recommended action:

1) Make sure that the user name and password you have provided has administrator privileges on the target computer or

2) DpmDRTrustedMachines group is present on the target DPM server or

3) Verify that you have the same major version of DPM on the target DPM server and the source DPM server

• Moved by MarcReynolds Friday, September 10, 2010 1:06 PM (From:Data Protection Manager)
    Friday, September 10, 2010 12:07 AM

Answers

• Hi,

That is not possible, only DPM servers on the same version can protect each other.  3) explains that restriction.

Regards, Mike J [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Friday, September 10, 2010 12:19 AM

All replies

• Hi,

That is not possible, only DPM servers on the same version can protect each other.  3) explains that restriction.

Regards, Mike J [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Friday, September 10, 2010 12:19 AM
  • Right, I wanted to check on here to verify. I've been told in the past by Microsoft that DPM 2010 would be able to provide secondary protection to a DPM 2007 server. Ok, well thanks for the verification.
    Friday, September 10, 2010 12:56 AM