none
Steady State Error 0x80041001 RRS feed

• Question

• I recently recieved the above error. The program reqested that I reinstall or or repair the program. When I went to reinstall it said the program is already running. When I go to remove the program it won't allow me to remove because the windows disk protection is enabled. What can I do to tesolve this issue. Thanks
    Monday, July 23, 2007 2:04 PM

Answers

•  

Hi ffvince6,

Did the error occur when SteadyState start? Can we bypass the error code and then turn off Windows Disk Protection (WDP)?

If the WDP configuration interface cannot be reached, we may need to delete the current WDP cache file before reinstalling SteadyState. In that case, please refer to the following steps: 

Step 1: Enter Safe Mode

==========

1. Restart your computer and start pressing the F8 key on your keyboard. On a computer that is configured for booting to multiple Operating Systems, you can press the F8 key when you see the boot menu.

2. When the Windows Advanced Options menu appears, select Safe Mode, and then press Enter.

3. Log onto Windows by using the Administrator account or any user account with the Administrator privileges.

Step 2: Delete the cache file

==========

1. Click Start, then click Control Panel, and then click Folder Options.

2. Click the View tab. Under Hidden files and folders, click "Show hidden files and folders."

3. Clear the "Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)" check box.

4. Clear the "Hide extensions for known file type" check box. Click OK.

5. Delete the Cache.WDP file under drive C. Restart the computer to Normal Mode.

6. Start SteadyState, “Cache File Is Corrupted” windows will appear.

7. Select “Uninstall Windows Disk Protection and delete the corrupted cache file” and click OK.

After restart, please check whether SteadyState can be started or uninstalled. 

Best Regards,

Wednesday, July 25, 2007 8:21 AM

All replies

•  

Hi ffvince6,

Did the error occur when SteadyState start? Can we bypass the error code and then turn off Windows Disk Protection (WDP)?

If the WDP configuration interface cannot be reached, we may need to delete the current WDP cache file before reinstalling SteadyState. In that case, please refer to the following steps: 

Step 1: Enter Safe Mode

==========

1. Restart your computer and start pressing the F8 key on your keyboard. On a computer that is configured for booting to multiple Operating Systems, you can press the F8 key when you see the boot menu.

2. When the Windows Advanced Options menu appears, select Safe Mode, and then press Enter.

3. Log onto Windows by using the Administrator account or any user account with the Administrator privileges.

Step 2: Delete the cache file

==========

1. Click Start, then click Control Panel, and then click Folder Options.

2. Click the View tab. Under Hidden files and folders, click "Show hidden files and folders."

3. Clear the "Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)" check box.

4. Clear the "Hide extensions for known file type" check box. Click OK.

5. Delete the Cache.WDP file under drive C. Restart the computer to Normal Mode.

6. Start SteadyState, “Cache File Is Corrupted” windows will appear.

7. Select “Uninstall Windows Disk Protection and delete the corrupted cache file” and click OK.

After restart, please check whether SteadyState can be started or uninstalled. 

Best Regards,

Wednesday, July 25, 2007 8:21 AM
  • I recently installed Steady State and also receive the above error...I can get into  Win Disk Protection...is there a solution to rid my pc of the error on boot?  It doesnt seem to affect the operation of SS ...just annoying to cancel the error message on  boot.

Thursday, January 29, 2009 9:40 PM