No login server available when printing RRS feed

• Question

• Hi 

I have a print server with domain a.net. All installed printers are published in domain a.net, two other domains b.net and c.net are also getting services from this print server. These all three domains are under the same forest and replication between all domains are enabled and working fine. The users of a.net are getting printing services fine. But b.net and c.net users are unable to get this service. They are getting " No login server available" error when printing

Thanks in advance

Tuesday, September 16, 2014 10:21 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Based on your description, I noticed that just ping the client machine from Print server and domain controller successfully. Did this client machine which you mentioned come from Domain B or C? If select a client computer from Domian A, please check if ping Print server and DC successfully. Or any error message that you can get?

Just a confirmation, would you please let me know which type of Domain Trust you use?

Domain Trust

à They are getting “No login server available" error when printing

By the way, would you please let us know complete error message that you received? Or provide a screenshot of this error? (Please hide all protected or private information.)

If anything I misunderstand or any update, please don’t hesitate to let us know.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Justin Gu

• Marked as answer by Justin Gu Monday, October 6, 2014 4:23 PM
    Thursday, September 18, 2014 7:20 AM
  • Justin is on the correct track.  This is a networking configuration issue.  Create a file share on the print server and see if you get the same error.

Alan Morris formerly with Windows Printing Team

Thursday, September 18, 2014 3:43 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• Hi

Can you ping that server?

any firewalls in place that you will need to let traffic through on?

Can you print from a command prompt?

Hope this helps. Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Tuesday, September 16, 2014 1:42 PM
  • I believe this would have been resolved by now?
    Tuesday, September 16, 2014 1:55 PM
  • Problem did not resolve yet.

I can ping the client machine from Print server as well as from domain controller but not vice versa.

Firewall are ok

Can not print from command print

Wednesday, September 17, 2014 3:56 AM
  • Hi,

Based on your description, I noticed that just ping the client machine from Print server and domain controller successfully. Did this client machine which you mentioned come from Domain B or C? If select a client computer from Domian A, please check if ping Print server and DC successfully. Or any error message that you can get?

Just a confirmation, would you please let me know which type of Domain Trust you use?

Domain Trust

à They are getting “No login server available" error when printing

By the way, would you please let us know complete error message that you received? Or provide a screenshot of this error? (Please hide all protected or private information.)

If anything I misunderstand or any update, please don’t hesitate to let us know.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Justin Gu

Thursday, September 18, 2014 7:20 AM
  • Justin is on the correct track.  This is a networking configuration issue.  Create a file share on the print server and see if you get the same error.

Alan Morris formerly with Windows Printing Team

Thursday, September 18, 2014 3:43 PM
    Answerer