none
Google Chrome group policies - finding specfic settings in the Chrome templates?

Question

• My company wishes to begin deploying Google Chrome Enterprise as an optional / alternate browser; the Enterprise version is required so that specific settings can be configured and managed using Group Policy.  The security team reviewed the Chrome settings that are listed in Chrome using chrome://policy/ and made their recommendations from that list.  However, the listed options do not directly correspond to or reference where in the Chrome ADMX template these settings can be found. 

Does anyone know where I can find a cross-reference between the specific policy values and the corresponding location in the Chrome group policy template?

Thanks

Monday, July 13, 2015 8:31 PM

Answers

All replies

• > Does anyone know where I can find a cross-reference between the specific
    > policy values and the corresponding location in the Chrome group policy
    > template?

You'd better ask in the chrome forums :)

Greetings/Grüße, Martin

Mal ein gutes Buch über GPOs lesen?
    Good or bad GPOs? - my blog…
    And if IT bothers me - coke bottle design refreshment (-:
    Tuesday, July 14, 2015 7:38 AM
  • Hi davidf58,

If you are trying to update your Windows ADMX template, you can download the ADMX template from below website, but since you are using third party ADMX I suggest you ask your software vendor for the further help.

The related KB:

Administrative Templates (.admx) for Windows 8.1 Update and Windows Server 2012 R2 Update

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=43413

The related third party article:

Set Chrome policies for devices

https://support.google.com/chrome/a/answer/187202?hl=en

I’m glad to be of help to you!

*** This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet. ***

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, July 15, 2015 7:01 AM
  • Thanks, Alex.

Perhaps I should clarify.  When Microsoft releases updated ADMX templates, they usually also provide a spreadsheet of the settings that can be used for reference and review (such as the WindowsServer2012R2andWindows8.1GroupPolicySettings.xlsx) at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=25250

I am looking for something similar for the Chrome Enterprise ADMX that can be provided to the review group, who do not have access to the Group Policy console.

I have been trying to create my own version of a reference spreadsheet for Chrome ADMX, but am not familiar enough with XML schemas and mapping to get the ADMX/ADML data to import into Excel properly.  I did download the Group Policy ADMX Schema package from http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=4364 but using those .xsd schemas for mapping also did not work.

Wednesday, July 15, 2015 10:04 PM
  • the ADMX is developed by Google but not Microsoft, you can ask chrome the details but not in Microsoft support forum
    Friday, July 17, 2015 9:13 AM

• Hi,

I would like to check if you need further assistance.

Regards.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, August 5, 2015 1:52 AM