Multiple operating systems including Microsoft Windows, UNIX, Linux and Mac OS RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

We need to find solution for distribute update for below:

• Multiple operating systems including Microsoft Windows, UNIX, Linux and Mac OS.
    • Applications from a wide range of vendors, including Microsoft, Apple, Adobe, Mozilla, Winzip,Oracle, and Java.

My question is SCCM can provide update for all above, and if it need any third-party tool to provide this functions?

I know that SCUP can used to add third-party updates like adobe, IBM, HP... but i didn't found anything for unix or linux...

Sunday, September 22, 2013 2:36 PM

Answers

• Lumension is offering an add-in to ConfigMgr 2012 SP1 that provides more end-to-end management of patches/updates for Linux, UNIX, and Mac OS X.  See https://www.lumension.com/system-center.aspx .

Michael Kelley, Lead Program Manager, Open Source Technology Center

• Marked as answer by Joyce L Wednesday, October 9, 2013 1:18 AM
    Monday, September 23, 2013 4:35 PM
  • Hi,

For Linux/unix and MAC OSX as far as I know you will have to download the OS updates and deploy them as applications.

For the Applications you can either repackage/make the installation silent and deploy them as updates using scup(Only Windows OS) or as applicaitons.

There are 3rd party applications out there that can update 3rd party applications for you like Secunia and Solarwinds, but these are only for Windows OS.

Regards,
    Jörgen

-- My System Center blog ccmexec.com -- Twitter @ccmexec

Sunday, September 22, 2013 6:01 PM

All replies

• Hi,

For Linux/unix and MAC OSX as far as I know you will have to download the OS updates and deploy them as applications.

For the Applications you can either repackage/make the installation silent and deploy them as updates using scup(Only Windows OS) or as applicaitons.

There are 3rd party applications out there that can update 3rd party applications for you like Secunia and Solarwinds, but these are only for Windows OS.

Regards,
    Jörgen

-- My System Center blog ccmexec.com -- Twitter @ccmexec

Sunday, September 22, 2013 6:01 PM
  • Lumension is offering an add-in to ConfigMgr 2012 SP1 that provides more end-to-end management of patches/updates for Linux, UNIX, and Mac OS X.  See https://www.lumension.com/system-center.aspx .

Michael Kelley, Lead Program Manager, Open Source Technology Center

• Marked as answer by Joyce L Wednesday, October 9, 2013 1:18 AM
    Monday, September 23, 2013 4:35 PM