Present Desktop/Remote Control Chat Bug RRS feed

• Question

• Looking for direction on how to report this to Microsoft for help. 

After Feb's standard Tuesday updates to all MS products, the latest SFB patch seems to have introduced a bug.  When remote controlling another users computer using SFB's present desktop feature and taking control of their machine, you cannot type into the IM/chat box on your machine by clicking into it any longer.  The message window doesn't seem to recognize the mouse click into the IM/chat box portion of the screen, and instead of typing into the IM/chat box. you start typing on the remote control screen in whatever random window or program you have up.  The workaround to fix the bug is to click on the actual chat log displayed in the window, then after doing that, clicking back into the IM/chat box and the window will allow you type new messages.  This issue has been replicated with at least 50 users in our IT org.  Who can help direct this to MS for support, or let me know how to report it?

Office Versions: 2013 Pro Plus & 2016 Pro Plus

SFB Versions: 2013, 2015, 2016

Windows Versions: 7 Ent, 8 Ent, & 10 Ent

Thursday, March 8, 2018 4:36 PM

All replies

• Hi Anthony,

Would you please tell us which update did you install, is that the following update? Please help us confirm it.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/4077965/february-2018-updates-for-microsoft-office

I will send e-mail to our product group to confirm if this is an known issue, if any update, I will give you the information in the forum, thanks for your patience.

Best Regards,
    Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, March 9, 2018 6:34 AM
  • sure and thanks. We immediately noticed it after installing the Feb update kb4011662.  If you look at the release notes, it states the Feb patch is supposed to fix something with a similar description, but in my case it introduced it for the first time.

KB 4076533 Can't input messages until clicking participants list after full-screen sharing in Skype for Business 2016 and Skype for Business 2015 (Lync 2013)

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4011662/february-6-2018-update-for-skype-for-business-2016-kb4011662

I just installed the March update today, KB4011725, and will let you know if this fixed the issue.

Friday, March 9, 2018 5:48 PM
  • Hi Anthony,

I am checking the status of the issue, after you install the kb 4011725, is that the same issue?

Best Regards,
    Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Monday, March 12, 2018 9:50 AM
    Monday, March 12, 2018 1:34 AM
  • We are still testing from the last patch and will report back soon.  
    Thursday, March 15, 2018 9:45 PM
  • OK, wait for your response.

Best Regards,
    Alice Wang

Friday, March 16, 2018 7:14 AM
  • the issue still exists with multiple users.
    Friday, March 16, 2018 3:33 PM
  • I had sent e-mail to our product discussion group, but didn't get a response indicates that it is an known issue.

For troubleshooting the issue, for test purpose, please try to rebuild user profile test again.

Moreover, for SFB server side, please install the latest update for it.

Best Regards,
    Alice Wang

Monday, March 19, 2018 8:16 AM
  • thanks, I actually filed an incident with MS since we have support and their support team duplicated the issue on the first try.  They have currently filed a bug report and are working with Dev to fix.  Appreciate your help.
    Wednesday, March 21, 2018 8:11 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your update, it is helpful.

Please feel free mark your reply as an answer, thanks for your cooperation.

Best Regards,
    Alice Wang

• Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Monday, March 26, 2018 10:37 AM
    Thursday, March 22, 2018 1:24 AM
  • Hi - I also have this issue with Microsoft Lync 2013 (15.0.5049.1000)

KB4011678 - This update is already installed on the system.
    KB4011662 - There are no products affected by this package installed on this system
    KB4011725 - There are no products affected by this package installed on this system
    Tuesday, September 18, 2018 9:05 PM