Last user access time for Public Folder in Exchange 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Helloooo,

I have a question for using powershell to get Last User Access Time for public folder in Exchange.

Only in Exchange 2010, I can use <Get-PublicFolderStatistics -Identity "\PublicFolderName" |fl> to get this property.

But in Exchange 2013, I cannot get it.

However, in following link that said we can view last user access and last user modified time info.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa997949(v=exchg.150).aspx

Is there anyone who knows how to get Last User Access Time information?

Very Thanks

Jeson

Msts.cn@Outlook.com

• Edited by Michael ZH Friday, August 22, 2014 4:24 AM
    Friday, August 22, 2014 2:56 AM

All replies

• Thanks for reply.

I mean i try to get the last access time for public folder.

For Exchange 2010, I can use a user <A> logon OWA to access a public folder <PF1>. And then i can get the Last User Access Time for <PF1> using powershell.

For Exchange 2013, I cannot access a pubic folder from OWA, and cannot get the Last User Access Time from powershell.

Jeson

Msts.cn@Outlook.com

Friday, August 22, 2014 5:54 AM
  • Passing by myself -_-

Msts.cn@Outlook.com

Monday, August 25, 2014 5:54 AM
  • Hi,

Do you resolve this problem?

From Exchange 2013 CU1, we can view public folders in OWA  by adding them to Favorites. But OWA can only display “mail public folders”, or public folders that contain “mail and post items”.

Best regards,

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Belinda Ma
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, August 25, 2014 8:58 AM
  • Thanks for you reply.

I want to know which of the pubilc folder have not been accessed for extended periods and then i can remove it.

In Exchange 2010, i can determine it by this filed  <LastUserAccessTime>.

Thanks

Jeson

Msts.cn@Outlook.com

Monday, August 25, 2014 9:22 AM
  • Hi,

I tested in my lab, it is the same result with you. I didn't get the lastuseraccesstime using the Get-PublicFolderStatistics cmdlet. I talked with my colleagues, it seems that we can't do this as what we can do in Exchange 2010.

As a workaround, maybe you can use EWS to achieve this goal, you can ask this question in Exchange Development forum, you might get better help there.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/exchange/en-US/home?forum=exchangesvrdevelopment

Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Belinda Ma

Tuesday, August 26, 2014 10:13 AM
  • Hi  All

I want to know which of the pubilc folder have not been accessed for extended periods and then i can remove it.

I have tested that the value of Last User Access Time will be changed when i logon OWA access a public folder.

So now have a question that how to get the Last User Access Time for Public Folder in Exchange 2013.

I can get the Last User Access Time for Public Folder using PowerShell Cmd <Get_PublicFolderStatistics -Identity '\PublicFolder Name' | fl> in Exchange 2010. 

Please Note: My question is LastUserAccessTime, not LastAccessTime.

Thanks

Jeson

Msts.cn@Outlook.com

• Merged by Belinda Ma Thursday, August 28, 2014 2:54 AM merge
    Wednesday, August 27, 2014 5:57 AM
  • Thanks for response, I have submited this question in Exchange Development forum.

Best regards

Jeson

Msts.cn@Outlook.com

Wednesday, August 27, 2014 6:00 AM
  • Hi,

It seems that the link URL I provided above didn’t go to the correct forum. It changes to the following:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/exchange/en-US/home?forum=exchangesvrdevelopment

Would you please take a few minutes to post this question to the Development forum again to get getter help?

Sorry for the inconvenience brought to you. There is a duplicate tread, I will help you to merge it. Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

Belinda Ma

• Edited by Belinda Ma Thursday, August 28, 2014 2:51 AM
    Thursday, August 28, 2014 2:49 AM
  • Hi,

Do you get a solution from Exchange Development?

Is there any update?

Best regards,

Belinda Ma

Monday, September 1, 2014 1:37 AM