I cannot uninstall a program--AVG Web Tuneup and FixIt doesn't work for Windows 10 RRS feed

• Question

• How can I run a fix to uninstall AVG Web Tuneup?  Already used their removal tool and restarted and did that twice.  Not working,  So I tried 'Fixit' tool, and said it doesn't work with Windows 10.
    Saturday, March 26, 2016 12:05 PM

Answers

• Hi Ifzbizldy,

What is your current situation?

Have you checked the support article on the AVG website?

https://support.avg.com/SupportArticleView?l=en_US&urlName=How-to-uninstall-AVG-Toolbar-homepage-and-Secure-Search-from-your-browser

Please note: Since this website is not hosted by Microsoft, the information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Try to remove the program from Control Panel, then check the add-ons as suggested.

If any further help needed, please feel free to post back.

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 29, 2016 2:03 AM

All replies

• This guide http://www.wikihow.com/Uninstall-AVG-PC-Tuneup any help?

If not have you contacted AVG support? If the removal tools and \ or AVG support cannot help then guess it would more drastic solutions to remove, i.e. back-up all data and reset or clean install the pc.

Saturday, March 26, 2016 2:46 PM
  • Did you disable all AVG extensions from your browser(s)?

Jerry

Saturday, March 26, 2016 4:23 PM
  • Thanks.  How would I do that?
    Saturday, March 26, 2016 9:44 PM
  • Is this synonymous with an add-on?  Same thing as?
    Saturday, March 26, 2016 9:49 PM
  • Yes would believe that is the same Add-ons as extensions. So would suggest to remove them and then try to uninstall. Also perhaps try remove them and reboot and try the uninstall before anything else.
    • Edited by -Mr Happy- Saturday, March 26, 2016 10:54 PM
    Saturday, March 26, 2016 10:53 PM
  • Yes.  For IE, click on the gear icon and then click on Manage Addons.

Jerry

Sunday, March 27, 2016 6:36 PM
  • Hi Ifzbizldy,

What is your current situation?

Have you checked the support article on the AVG website?

https://support.avg.com/SupportArticleView?l=en_US&urlName=How-to-uninstall-AVG-Toolbar-homepage-and-Secure-Search-from-your-browser

Please note: Since this website is not hosted by Microsoft, the information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Try to remove the program from Control Panel, then check the add-ons as suggested.

If any further help needed, please feel free to post back.

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 29, 2016 2:03 AM