none
Use VMWare for refrence Image? RRS feed

• Question

• Ok so what I want to do is create a universal image to deploy to multiple lenovo desktops. Can I install windows 7 in a vm plus all my applications then create a task sequence in mdt to sysprep and capture the vm then import it into mdt and deploy that to the desktops without any issues?
    Tuesday, November 26, 2013 9:17 PM

All replies

• it's definitely right to build the image on a virtual machine, when it comes to application it really depends on the application. Application such as antivirus is not a good idea to have in the image.

You could use the sysprep and capture task sequence template to create a task sequence that will help you with sysprep and capture.

But i would have create a task sequence that will build the image for you, if you really have things thats need to be done manually you can have a suspend step in the task sequence to pause the task sequence.

Tuesday, November 26, 2013 10:14 PM
  • it's definitely right to build the image on a virtual machine, when it comes to application it really depends on the application. Application such as antivirus is not a good idea to have in the image.

You could use the sysprep and capture task sequence template to create a task sequence that will help you with sysprep and capture.

But i would have create a task sequence that will build the image for you, if you really have things thats need to be done manually you can have a suspend step in the task sequence to pause the task sequence.

OK yes that is what I thought. I had done that. I created a VM with my main image with all the programs I needed, which was officce, adobe reader, flash, shockwave, and 3 company specific applications plus trend micro. The issue was that after I captured it and deployed it I was not able to access my file share on the new computer that I deplyed the captured image to, thought it worked in the VM. Could the installation of trend maybe cause that?
    Wednesday, November 27, 2013 12:23 AM