none
How to get outlook recovery? RRS feed

• Question

• I missed my contacts and notes in MS Outlook 2013. I don't know why it's happened. I only opened my Outlook and didn't see my data.
    Monday, January 27, 2014 10:59 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Please try scanpst.exe to repair your data file:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/272227

You may also create a new profile to setup the account, check if the data is still available:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/829918/en-us

Please feel free to let me know if I misunderstood anything.

Regards,

Melon Chen
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, January 28, 2014 5:05 AM
  • Hello Dear,

Might be your Outlook data file (.pst) has been corrupted. So first, you should try to run Inbox Repair Tool (SCANPST.EXE) to repair PST file as suggested by "Melon Chen". If the issue still persists, then please download SysTools Outlook PST Recovery Tool to repair corrupted PST file. The software restores deleted/missing/lost data from damaged password protected PST file.

Thanks & Regards
    Kelvin Howard
    Thursday, June 22, 2017 5:11 AM
  • Microsoft provides Scanpst.exe utility in the outlook. It is the inbuilt feature in the MS outlook and free of cost. It is also known as Inbox Repair Tool. I suggest you run scanpst.exe one or two times on corrupt/damaged PST file before all errors are removed. It has an easy and fast process to recover or repair corrupt outlook data.

Thank you !!

Thursday, August 30, 2018 10:00 AM
  • Outlook Recovery means the recovery of PST File. The PST file can be recovered with the Inbox Repair Tool. 

• Browse the directory of the computer to find ScanPST.exe, usually located in the drive where Outlook is installed
    • Now Run the ScanPST and add the path of corrupt PST file
    • Begin scan and then click on Repair to fix file errors
    • The corrupt file will be repaired and items will recover 

You can also take the help of OST and EDB files to recover lost data

Wednesday, November 28, 2018 4:51 AM
  • May be your data has been damaged. To recover your PST file into a healthy PST file try this excellent Outlook PST Recovery tool which is specially designed according to the requirements of the users. 

• Recover permanently deleted Outlook data like emails, contacts, images, attachments, etc.
    • Supports all updated and latest versions of MS Outlook as well as Windows OS.
    • Able to recover large PST which is up to 215GB.
    • Export repair PST into new PST, MBOX, EML, RTF, HTML, vCard, MSG, Office 365 and etc.
    • Free preview of all recovered PST files after scanning.

Download For Free and Install: http://www.howtosol.com/products/outlook-pst-recovery/

Tuesday, July 23, 2019 1:25 PM
  • follow these simple and easy steps.

1. Exit Outlook, then click Start > Computer.

2. Browse to <drive>:\Program Files — or, if you see a Program Files (x86) folder on the same drive, browse to that instead. For example, C:\Program Files or C:\Program Files (x86).

3. In the Search box, type Scanpst.exe.

If the search doesn't find Scanpst.exe, try searching in the alternative folder mentioned in step 2, above — Program Files or Program Files (x86).

1. Double-click Scanpst.exe.

2. In the Enter the name of the file you want to scan box, enter the name of the .pst file you want the tool to check, or click Browse to select the file.

3. By default, a new log file is created during the scan. Or, you can click Options and choose not to have a log created, or to have the results appended to an existing log file.

4. Click Start.

If the scan finds errors, you're prompted to start the repair process to fix them.

Tuesday, August 20, 2019 7:14 AM
  • Good steps suggested by Alex.

I gone through the same situation few days ago while I needed to follow this step.

Luckily I got recovered my all Outlook data using Bitacube PST Repair tool which helped me a lot.

Though I bookmarked this thread for future requirement.

Sunday, August 25, 2019 1:24 PM
  • Bitdataconversion Outlook PST Repair tool is an ideal approach to repair corrupted or deeply damaged Outlook PST files. This tool comes with an advanced feature that allows recovering deleted or lost items and exports them into several formats, all the repair PST retain their original properties after PST Repair process. It has a smart GUI which helps the users to smoothly perform PST Repair even this is comfortable for both types of users either they belong to the technical background or non- technical background. Using this tool you easily export repair PST files into PST, MSG, EML, RTF, Exchange Server, and Office 365 in an accurate manner.

For more info visit here: https://www.bitdataconversion.com/outlook-pst-repair.html

Monday, October 21, 2019 6:07 AM