none
Is it possible set a view to default task view RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We have a couple views A, B, C, D.  We would like D to be default view when the task owner get to PWA without cruising through A, B, C which are more for central group.

How can we make D as a default?

Regards,

NLuu

Saturday, November 17, 2018 1:17 AM

All replies

• Hi, 

Which views are you refering to? Schedule views (project details) or task views where resources enter task updates?

Note that you can manage views' access by using security categories. You can configure it so that group1 see ony view A. Otherwise by default you cannot configure URL so that it opens on a specific view.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

Monday, November 19, 2018 9:03 AM
  • Hi,

Each group see their task updates.  If you go to manage view and click on it you will see My work option.

Under My work I have 4 views (I am the admin so I can go to my work).  For user they will go to my task and they will see Task tab where they have to pick either.

Group 1

Group 2

Group 3

Group 4

Right now it default back to wherever last left.  I want Group 1 to see Group 1 first, Group 2 see 2 first.. How can I do that and whether there is a way to do it (I don't think so but I thought I would ask anyway).  All of them shared the same URL which is tasks.aspx.

Regards,

NLuu

Wednesday, November 21, 2018 11:54 PM
  • As Guillaume mentioned, you could limit the view access using the access model if you are using the Project permission mode for PWA. So if Group 1 only ever needed View 1 that could be an option for you but otherwise there is no way to set a default view that loads very time. As you have seen, it will load the last view you as the user went to.

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS | MVP | Downloads

Thursday, November 22, 2018 12:21 PM
  • Understood.  The issue I have is sometime group 1 will need to see other groups also not just group 1 (member of many groups).  Limit access will add extra tasks to the equation.  I thought there is a way to sequence view.  All groups see all views.  Thanks for confirming.
    Monday, November 26, 2018 5:58 PM