Embedding a training course in SP2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Our training department has a bunch of online training courses to offer.  They gave me a copy of one of them to see if I could embed it into SharePoint.  It is in the form of a website.  It is comprised entirely of html pages and has a couple of embeded videos.  The entire site is comprised of three folders: root, root>crs, root>images.  That's it.  What is the best way to display this in SharePoint?
    Friday, October 8, 2010 1:39 PM

Answers

• You can put the root and all the sub folders inside a SharePoint document library. Alternatively you can keep the these folder on a separate website and use Page viewer Web part to view these pages.  
    Microsoft SharePoint MVP |http://razirais.wordpress.com| MCT| MCPD SharePoint 2010 Developer| MCITP SharePoint Administrator 2010
    • Marked as answer by Lily Wu Friday, October 15, 2010 10:04 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by amwreck Thursday, November 4, 2010 8:37 PM
    • Marked as answer by Clayton Cobb Friday, December 31, 2010 10:07 PM
    Wednesday, October 13, 2010 2:14 AM

All replies

• You can put the root and all the sub folders inside a SharePoint document library. Alternatively you can keep the these folder on a separate website and use Page viewer Web part to view these pages.  
    Microsoft SharePoint MVP |http://razirais.wordpress.com| MCT| MCPD SharePoint 2010 Developer| MCITP SharePoint Administrator 2010
    • Marked as answer by Lily Wu Friday, October 15, 2010 10:04 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by amwreck Thursday, November 4, 2010 8:37 PM
    • Marked as answer by Clayton Cobb Friday, December 31, 2010 10:07 PM
    Wednesday, October 13, 2010 2:14 AM
  • I finally got around to giving this a try and it works!  It's really cool.  The only problem I have is that everytime I click on a link, I get the pop-up asking me what I want to do with the file, open or save it.  Is there a way to set it so that it just opens the file in the browser without asking first?
    Thursday, November 4, 2010 8:20 PM
  • Yes you can easily get the this behavior, perform the following steps and files will open without browser first prompting the user.

1. Browse to SharePoint 2010 Central Administration  

2. Select "Application Management" and then click "Manage web applications"

3. Select the web application you want to configure.

4. In the ribbon click on the "General Settings" button (located in "Manage" group), select the first option "General Settings"

5. Locate the section "Browser File Handling" and select "Permissive" (you should have "Strict" by default).

6. Click "OK"  to save you changes.

Now when you click on the file link you won't get a prompt from the browser, rather file will open directly as you wanted.  

• Proposed as answer by Clayton Cobb Friday, December 31, 2010 10:07 PM
    Friday, December 31, 2010 9:00 PM