none
How to automatically adjust the display of a PowerShell form for users that have their desktop display zoomed? RRS feed

• Question

• I have a workable PowerShell form that has no issues.  However, when deploying it to our users, one member had their desktop display I cons set at 150% due to bad eye sight.  To test her issue I set mine to 150% and the output was unreadable, boxed and buttons are cut off or covered up. some buttons are floating in labels. the form is just not readable.

Is there a way or setting I can use to get the form display to automatically adjust for changes in display setting?

Wednesday, June 3, 2015 5:32 PM

Answers

• No.  Dialogs are scaled with the display.  You can choose to detect the zoom and reset every object in the form to compensate.

With real forms we can control this but not in PowerShell.

Tell the user not too zoom the display but to change the font sizes for the desktop only.  A pair of glasses would also be helpful or a larger display.

It is possible to create forms that are resizable but you need to set the form up to do that in advance.  Some controls will stretch with the form.

\_(ツ)_/

• Marked as answer by Richardlaw Wednesday, June 3, 2015 6:05 PM
    Wednesday, June 3, 2015 5:51 PM

All replies

• No.  Dialogs are scaled with the display.  You can choose to detect the zoom and reset every object in the form to compensate.

With real forms we can control this but not in PowerShell.

Tell the user not too zoom the display but to change the font sizes for the desktop only.  A pair of glasses would also be helpful or a larger display.

It is possible to create forms that are resizable but you need to set the form up to do that in advance.  Some controls will stretch with the form.

\_(ツ)_/

• Marked as answer by Richardlaw Wednesday, June 3, 2015 6:05 PM
    Wednesday, June 3, 2015 5:51 PM
  • JRV,

Thank you for your response. I will work with the user and tell them what you said. If by chance a way to do this becomes available I will post it here.

Rich

Wednesday, June 3, 2015 6:05 PM