Gadget disappear RRS feed

• Question

• hello 

i installed one gadget but after installed my gadget has disappeard when i right click and click on Gadget it appear and then it showed one error (windows desktop gadget has stopped working) with two option i click any option after click it disappeared Even i can click on install and uninstall gadget please give me solution 

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 11:57 PM

Answers

• I am not quite sure what you want but if you are trying to uninstall a malfunctioning, uninstallable sidebar gadget in Windows 7 then...

...here is a shotgun approach.

1. Close the sidebar - right click blank area on desktop --> View --> Desktop Gadgets

2. Enable viewing hidden files/folders in Control Panel/Folder Options

3. In "Computer" navigate to this folder - C:\Users\[Your User Name]\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Sidebar

4. Delete the file called either "Settings" or "Settings.ini" - this will remove all gadgets from the desktop when the sidebar is restarted.

5. Disable viewing hidden files/folders in Control Panel/Folder Options

6. Open the sidebar - right click blank area on desktop --> View --> Desktop Gadgets

7. Open the gadget picker - right click blank area on desktop --> Gadgets

8. Right click on the gadget you wish to uninstall and choose 'uninstall'. Double click on other gadgets to add them back to the desktop.
    • Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Monday, September 2, 2013 12:45 PM
    Friday, August 23, 2013 12:48 AM

All replies

• I am not quite sure what you want but if you are trying to uninstall a malfunctioning, uninstallable sidebar gadget in Windows 7 then...

...here is a shotgun approach.

1. Close the sidebar - right click blank area on desktop --> View --> Desktop Gadgets

2. Enable viewing hidden files/folders in Control Panel/Folder Options

3. In "Computer" navigate to this folder - C:\Users\[Your User Name]\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Sidebar

4. Delete the file called either "Settings" or "Settings.ini" - this will remove all gadgets from the desktop when the sidebar is restarted.

5. Disable viewing hidden files/folders in Control Panel/Folder Options

6. Open the sidebar - right click blank area on desktop --> View --> Desktop Gadgets

7. Open the gadget picker - right click blank area on desktop --> Gadgets

8. Right click on the gadget you wish to uninstall and choose 'uninstall'. Double click on other gadgets to add them back to the desktop.
    • Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Monday, September 2, 2013 12:45 PM
    Friday, August 23, 2013 12:48 AM
  • Hi,

You can refer to the link below for the solution about your problem.

http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/fix-sidebar-crash-desktop-gadgets-stopped-working/

Hope this helps.

Saturday, August 24, 2013 7:15 AM