Cannot collect performance data on Win 2003 server RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I am using MAP 8 (first time) to run tests to assess server virtualization.

Reading some of the posts, I first checked that the WMI service was running on the target server along with the Remote Registry service.  I was also able to connect remotely to the registry via RegEdit on the MAP machine.

Where are the logs stored that would give me a clue as to what is failing - on the MAP machine?  on the target machine?  Others have posted logs but there is nowhere (that I could find) in the documentation to indicate where to find these logs.

Thanks,

Albert

Tuesday, April 16, 2013 3:40 PM

All replies

• The MAP log files are located in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Assessment and Planning Toolkit\bin\log and should show what is failing during the performance data collection. If you would like to post a part of it here, I can take a look too.

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. Please VOTE as HELPFUL if the post helps you. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Tuesday, April 23, 2013 6:10 AM
  • Hi Michael,

I ran it for an hour but now the log is too big to paste in here.  Is there a relevant part I can cut out of the log that is most pertinent to trying to figure out what is happening?

Thanks, Albert

Friday, April 26, 2013 4:04 PM