User Profile Service service failed to logon RRS feed

• Question

• I have the error message "User Profile Service service failed to logon" on my main account. I am yet to try the suggestions above. But will I still be able to access the data on my disc once this goes through?

Also as I did not request the profile be deleted, is the a reoccuring error? is there anything I can do to stop it happening again?

Sunday, October 26, 2008 12:57 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Your original profile is corrupt. There are several reasons, most of these behaviors are caused by incompatible system optimized software or Registry cleaners. Given current situation, you need to use the new fine account instead.

You may transfer data from the old profile to the new profile.

Transfer user profile

===============

1. Log on as the new user account (make sure the new user account has administrator privilege).

2. Click the Start menu, and click Computer.

3. Click the Organize button on the left top corner and choose Folder and Search Options.

4. Under View tab, check the "Show hidden files and folders" box and click OK to save settings.

5. Navigate to the C:\Users\(old user name) folder.

6. Copy all files and folders in the C:\Users\(old user name) folder to the C:\Users\(new user name) folder.

To stop this happening, my suggestion is that do not simply remove any system components even your software reports that they are mal. Do not use any system optimized software or Registry cleaners. Hope it helps.

Tuesday, October 28, 2008 9:52 AM