Missing Icons through App-V RRS feed

• Question

• I have 2 users that cannot see all the icons for an application delivered by App-V, yet I can still see them all and work with them just fine. Has anyone see this before and know what may be the root cause? I have reset the state and deleted the folders out of heir user profile under Documents and Settings to refresh the app and it did not work. Thank you for any information you can provide.
    Thursday, January 28, 2010 2:48 PM

Answers

• What I found the majority of the time that fixes this is actually going into the App-V Management console and deleting all programs off the program list. Once I refresh applications, the missing icons appeared. I did see a lot of the older icons from versions I had listed in the past still in the console so maybe this "clean up" helps as well.
    • Proposed as answer by znack Wednesday, March 23, 2011 12:49 PM
    • Marked as answer by JDeak Thursday, August 11, 2011 3:07 PM
    Wednesday, March 23, 2011 12:28 PM

All replies

• I presume that you are using the Management Server for delivery and the users are in the group used to control access to those applications?
    Have you enabled verbose logging (in client log sftlog.txt) to see what details are reported when the user logs on or initiates a publishing refresh?
    Thursday, January 28, 2010 4:18 PM
  • Yes, I am using the Management Server for delivery. I have not enabled verbose, but have additonal information to ponder. I myself was able to see the icons for the program. Once I deleted the temp cache in my profile under docs and settings and reset the state of App-V on my PC to totally refresh the cache, I too now have the problem. All .osd files are pointed to the correct place and, under the general tab for the application, it is pointed to the correct location of the icon itself. It is very strange and nothing has changed on this particualr application (i.e. - new version added).
    Thursday, January 28, 2010 8:26 PM
  • As Aaron wrote, a look into the log file would be helpfull. Also, you should try to copy the OSD location from the App-V Server Management Console somewhere and try to open that location from the client machine with the users (might be http://something or \\something\) with an Browser or Windows Explorer.

Falko
    Thursday, January 28, 2010 9:58 PM
  • Ok. Could you please let me know how to enable verbose tracking in the Client Management Console. I have not been able to locate how to turn that on. Thank you.
    Monday, February 1, 2010 4:56 PM
  • Hello,

See this registry-reference for changing that setting;
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd464849.aspx

/Znack
    Monday, February 1, 2010 10:13 PM
  • What I found the majority of the time that fixes this is actually going into the App-V Management console and deleting all programs off the program list. Once I refresh applications, the missing icons appeared. I did see a lot of the older icons from versions I had listed in the past still in the console so maybe this "clean up" helps as well.
    • Proposed as answer by znack Wednesday, March 23, 2011 12:49 PM
    • Marked as answer by JDeak Thursday, August 11, 2011 3:07 PM
    Wednesday, March 23, 2011 12:28 PM
  • Had the same problem on some computers. And actually this is the working solution : clear all applications then refresh. Worked for me. :)
    Sunday, May 8, 2011 10:08 AM