Report Services issues RRS feed

• Question

• Hi. Installed FCS on a lab Win2003 R2 server with SQL 2005 SP2. For this lab chose to set the DAS account to DOMAIN\Administrator.

When launching the FCS Console (after all initial configuration steps) the 14 day history frame says;

Microsoft Forefront Client Security cannot display this report. Confirm that the reporting server is available, the account name and password are correct, and the account has permissions to access the reports.

Is this simply because there isn't enough data for "14 days" yet? Or is something wrong?

Where do I configure this "account" that the console uses to run reports?

Likewise, when I click on a report it opens IE and asks for a user name. Enteringer DOMAIN\Administrator here works just fine, but how do I assign trusted regular users the rights to run these reports? (I certainly don't want people logging in as administrator to view them...)

Thanks in advance for any help...
    Tuesday, December 1, 2009 2:32 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Thank you for the post.

As far as I know, there are two possible causes for this issue:

1.The user opening the Client Security console has not been granted Client Security Report Viewer permissions. For more information, see http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb418964.aspx

2.The SQL Server Reporting Services site needs to be added to the list of trusted sites. To add the SQL Server Reporting Services site to the list of trusted sites, perform the following procedure.

1). In Internet Explorer, on the Tools menu, click Internet Options.

2).Click the Security tab, and then click the Local intranet zone.

3).Click the Sites button.

4).Click the Advanced button.

5).In the Add this website to the zone box, type the URL of the SQL Server Reporting Services site. For example, http://servername.

6).Click Add, click Close, and then click OK for all subsequent dialog boxes.

7).Refresh the Client Security console.

Regards,

Nick Gu - MSFT
    • Proposed as answer by Nick Gu - MSFT Wednesday, December 2, 2009 6:21 AM
    • Marked as answer by gojensen Wednesday, December 2, 2009 8:45 AM
    Wednesday, December 2, 2009 6:20 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for the post.

As far as I know, there are two possible causes for this issue:

1.The user opening the Client Security console has not been granted Client Security Report Viewer permissions. For more information, see http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb418964.aspx

2.The SQL Server Reporting Services site needs to be added to the list of trusted sites. To add the SQL Server Reporting Services site to the list of trusted sites, perform the following procedure.

1). In Internet Explorer, on the Tools menu, click Internet Options.

2).Click the Security tab, and then click the Local intranet zone.

3).Click the Sites button.

4).Click the Advanced button.

5).In the Add this website to the zone box, type the URL of the SQL Server Reporting Services site. For example, http://servername.

6).Click Add, click Close, and then click OK for all subsequent dialog boxes.

7).Refresh the Client Security console.

Regards,

Nick Gu - MSFT
    • Proposed as answer by Nick Gu - MSFT Wednesday, December 2, 2009 6:21 AM
    • Marked as answer by gojensen Wednesday, December 2, 2009 8:45 AM
    Wednesday, December 2, 2009 6:20 AM
  • Hi,
    Thanks for the reply!

This solved both my problems. For the console I needed to do your step nr. 2 above... IE said the site was added to the trusted zone, but when I "moved" it to the intranet zone the FCS console works as it should.

And your option 1 led me to understand how to add users rights to view reports. (I had tried something similar previously, but mistakenly under Site Settings which somehow didn't work as expected).

Thanks!
    Wednesday, December 2, 2009 8:45 AM