OneDrive on Windows 10: no proxy support RRS feed

All replies

• Hi,

I have tested on my computer:

Set proxy and port in Internet option -> Check the sync things on my OneDrive built-in in Windows 10.

There is no problem on my OneDrive sync.

Would you please let me know if you use the any Firewall or client to set the proxy?

Try to capture the network trace by using Message analyzer to see what was dropped your link of OneDrive.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=44226

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, August 3, 2015 9:07 AM
  • Hello Kate,

thanks for your reply.

I set the proxy server setting in Internet Explorer (but works also on Edge and other software).

I use the integrated Windows Firewall and I did NOT change anything since upgrade to Windows 10.

I downloaded and installed Message Analyzer, but I don't know how to use it, is there an easy way to filter only the OneDrive Application?

However, as the problem seems to happen only on OneDrive (not OneDrive for Business) I'm quite sure that the issue is there.

After upgrading to Windows 10 I had several problems with third party software (for example Apple iCloud and Vmware Workstation), but most of them got solved just uninstalling and reinstalling the software.

So I would like to know if there is a way to uninstall and reinstall this component.

Regards,

Alex.

Monday, August 3, 2015 10:57 AM
  • Hi,

Since the OneDrive is the system component now, please try following commands to repair system to make sure this issue is not related to corrupted system files:

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

SFC /scannow

If the issue still persists, I recommend you to re-connect the Onedrive with Microsoft account to see what's going on.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, August 11, 2015 1:02 PM
  • Hi,

I'm having the exact same issue. OneDrive only syncs when I'm connected without using a proxy, but ones I'm at the office or start a VPN it stops syncing. Ones I'm back home or drop my VPN, sync is working again. The proxy does allow me to open the OneDrive web pages etc. but it simply doesn't sync. OneDrive for business keeps on working..

Regards, G.

Friday, August 14, 2015 7:15 AM
  • Hi Kate,

I tried the commands you suggested me but there was no change.

With Windows 8.1 I had the same issue also with Dropbox and Google Drive clients, instead no problem with OneDrive and OneDrive for Business clients.

The issue still persists on Dropbox and Google Drive clients, but with Dropbox I can manually set the proxy server and authentication to solve the problem.

So I think the problem is how to set manually proxy server settings because default system (Internet Explorer) settings are no more recognized by the OneDrive client with this specific proxy server (Squid on Linux).

Regards,

Alex.

Sunday, August 16, 2015 1:08 PM
  • Hi, Have you figured it out how to solve this issue? I am having the exact same problem.
    Friday, August 3, 2018 3:22 AM
  • Since onedrive is a system component like windows update there are 2 ways of sorting this out.

Either you set the proxy to bypass connections to onedrive (whitelist) or you have to set the proxy for the system like this :

1. Set proxy for IE/Edge.
    2. cmd as an administrator
    3. netsh
    4. winhhtp
    5. import proxy ie

Wednesday, October 3, 2018 8:32 AM
  • It does not work.
    Wednesday, July 31, 2019 11:56 AM