Outlook 2010 not deleting RRS feed

• Question

• In Outlook 2010, when I click the Delete button, the email header is marked with strike through and remains in the list of Inbox emails. It is removed from the Inbox when I refresh the view, eg by changing folders and returning to the Inbox. Moving an email to another folder similarly applies strike through, but it remains in the Inbox - although it is copied also to the correct folder. Previously to a couple of days ago, clicking the Delete button caused the email to be immediately moved to the delete folder and for the next email to be highlighted.  What happened and how can I restore this previous functionality?

I am using Outlook 2010 on Win 7 with IMAP

Sunday, December 6, 2015 2:17 PM

Answers

• Hi,

In Outlook 2010, please check the following settings for your IMAP account:

1.File-> Account Settings-> Account Settings…
    2.Double click on your IMAP account to open its settings dialog.
    3.Press on the button More Settings…
    4.Select the Deleted Items tab.
    5.Select the option: Move deleted items to the following folder on the server
    6.Select the Trash folder.
    7.Enable the option: Purge items when switching folders while online
    8.Press OK to apply the changes.
    9.Press Next to verify your changed account settings.
    10.Close the test dialog, press Finish and then Close to return back to the main Outlook window.

If the settings is correct in Outlook but the issue persists, please create a new Outlook profile and reconfigure this IMAP account in new profile to have a try.

Regards,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Winnie Liang
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, December 7, 2015 2:53 AM