Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 1000, function keys. RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 1000, and I have a problen with the use of function keys (F1 to F12). Each one of these keys has on top a white colour drawing, and next to them, printed on the keyboard body, are the letters of function keys, in a light gray colour. When I press a key of these, activates the property that corresponds to the respective drawing.

Thend, when I can activate the letters of the function in light gray colour? Tell me please, help me please... ! I will thank you very much.

Thursday, December 22, 2011 1:26 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Since this would be a hardware configuration issue, I suggest you contact the Microsoft Hardware support for more help:

Support for Your Mouse, Keyboard, Webcam & More | Microsoft Hardware

Thanks for your understanding.

Alex Zhao

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Friday, December 30, 2011 6:41 AM
    Friday, December 23, 2011 5:37 AM
  • I have the same keyboard and was having the same problem until I realized... you hit the "F Lock" key just to the right of the "F12/print" key to toggle between the gray F12 (printed above the key) and the printer icon (printed on the key.)

Monday, January 30, 2012 2:23 AM
  • I hope you got the correct response to your inquiry.  I had the same issue.  And it was answered in the last reply.  I thank you for your post.  The F lock key located next to the F12 key resolved my issue.  Thank you.

As for the other response...  Forget it.

Thursday, February 2, 2012 2:10 AM