none
Next Windeows 10 update

Question

• I oversee the IT equipment for a small business. All of our computers have been upgraded to Windows 10 and are functioning well under the present update, but am concerned about the next, major update. Is the next update planned to be "pushed" to all computers, or can it be set up to be manually installed, so the process can be monitored? I have also seen a lot of the new tools included with the next update probably don not pertain to our company. Will there be an update that is more limited, or is it a "one size fits all" upgrade?
    Tuesday, April 4, 2017 7:24 PM

All replies

• Next week, Microsoft will begin its general rollout of the Windows 10 Creators Update for PCs.

Kindly go through the following blog post to know more on this:

Managing the Windows 10 Creators Update rollout for a seamless experience

S.Sengupta, Windows Insider MVP

Wednesday, April 5, 2017 12:23 AM
  • Hi SteveC-PSI,

What is the version you are using now? Is this a domain environment?

I would assume you mean the "Creator Update" and you are using a Pro and higher version. For more information of the Creator Udpate, please refer to the link as S.Sengupta suggested. 

I think that update is more likely an upgrade package rather than a quality update.
    Overview of Windows as a service
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/itpro/windows/manage/waas-overview?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

For managing that update, we could disable it if you are using a WSUS to manage the update. If there is no WSUS, we could defer the update.
    If this is a domain environment, we could try the following gpo to defer the update. Deferring the update will give us an external time to test that upgrade version but we will be upgarded to the latest version once the deferred time is expired.
    Computer Configuration > Policies > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Update > Defer Windows Updates

Generally speaking, that update should be pushed to all the machines unless you are using a LTSB (refer to the first link for more information)version. And it is always recommended to update to the latest version to get a better performance of Windows system.

If you will get any issues with that update in the future, please feel free to post a case here. We will try our best to resolve it.

If you have any ideas and suggestions about that update or Windows 10, please feel free to submit it with the Feedback tool.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, April 5, 2017 2:00 AM