none
How do I eliminate the SteadyState Save Your Files Initial Warning RRS feed

• Question

• How do I stop this warning from appearing at the beginning of a SteadyState session:
    The next time you log off of the computer or the computer restarts, all changes will be cleared from the hard disk. Save your files to removable media to avoid losing your work.
    I just want our library computer reservation screen to come up without the above notice.

Monday, June 22, 2009 7:57 PM

Answers

• 1.  Log on to the account that you administer steady state from (usually the profile that you initially installed steady state from).
    2.  Launch the Steady State Console.
    3.  Click On the desired Profile(s)  You will have to do this for each profile you want to change.
    4.  Click on the block programs tab.
    5.  Click the browse button.
    6.  Find the steady state folder default is c:\program files\steadystate
    7.  Find the bubble.exe file.  Select it click ok, than move the bubble.exe file to the block programs column by clicking the --> button.
    8.  If you have Hard Drive Protection installed, you will have to click start, restart, and choose save all settings the middle selection in a list of dial button options.
    9.  Once back up test the profile(s) to make sure the change took effect.

Hope that helps,

James Ghiorzi
    Library Assistant II
    San Benito County Free Library
    470 Fifth St.
    Hollister, CA 95023
    (831) 636-4107
    Wednesday, June 24, 2009 2:14 AM

All replies

• 1.  Log on to the account that you administer steady state from (usually the profile that you initially installed steady state from).
    3.  Click On the desired Profile(s)  You will have to do this for each profile you want to change.
    7.  Find the bubble.exe file.  Select it click ok, than move the bubble.exe file to the block programs column by clicking the --> button.
    8.  If you have Hard Drive Protection installed, you will have to click start, restart, and choose save all settings the middle selection in a list of dial button options.

Hope that helps,

James Ghiorzi
    Library Assistant II
    470 Fifth St.
    Hollister, CA 95023
    (831) 636-4107
    Wednesday, June 24, 2009 2:14 AM
  • James,

Brilliant! Thank you.

Is there anything else, other than displaying the 'save your files' warning that Bubble.exe does that I should know about? Have I changed other features of SteadyState that I may want later by blocking the program?

Thanks for your simple, clear and very on-target answer to my first post.

Doug
    Thursday, June 25, 2009 12:17 PM
  • Hi Doug,

As far as I know bubble.exe only controls the pop up bubble warning / statements on the profile.  I do however know that its not a good idea to delete it :)  as deleting it will disable the dialog box from the administrator profile (which is ok if you don't use Windows Disk Protection, not so ok if you do), as you will have to always change the disk protection scheme each time you change something and simply copying the file back in doesn't work!

Anyway glad the block helped.

Respectfully,

James Ghiorzi
    Library Assistant II
    470 Fifth St.
    Hollister, CA 95023
    (831) 636-4107
    Thursday, June 25, 2009 6:37 PM
  • James,

Thanks for the follow up. I did only block the program, not deleting it. It is working as you said it would.

Doug
    Wednesday, July 1, 2009 5:18 PM

Hope that helps,

James Ghiorzi
    Library Assistant II
    470 Fifth St.
    Hollister, CA 95023
    (831) 636-4107
    Thanks for the answer!  Is there any way to do this in a GPO?  I'm trying to apply this to many computers.

Thanks!
    Monday, July 20, 2009 8:01 PM