none
How to change the language ogf EMC, RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Guys,

I have one question, i want to change the language of EMC for One particular user.

I have Exchange server 2010 and its running on server 2008 R2. There are few other Domain user they want to access EMC in german. but i want to access EMC in English.

IS there any way that i can change the lanugauge of EMC just for myself. We all are domain admin.

thanks

Saturday, August 9, 2014 8:17 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi krishnaback,

as I am from Germany myself I know it is possible. Afaik there is no way to install the language packs afterwards, so you maybe should start with uninstallation of the Tools.  

It is possible, but you need to install selected languages packs required at Installation of the Exchange Management Tools when you installed.
    To do that, before installing the Exchange 2010 Management Tools you must install the language pack to the Windows 2008 R2 operating System. (i.e. please start with installing the Language pack in german at an English Windows Server 2008 R2.). At contol Panel -> regions and languages , at the keyboards and langauges tab, you now hopefully find english and german at the list "choose a Display language" at the bottom.

Now we need to make sure http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=3197 is installed.
    When done, please run the Exchange 2010 Setup again. At the vey first steps it will ask you for "download of the latest language pack bundle from the  Internet", please choose that to continue. Run the rest of the setup as you need it, then. On your Installation procedure, at "completion" it is expected to als show "Language Files". 

Now Exchange 2010 EMC switches the language when you switch the Display language from the regions Setup above.

Regards,
    Martin

Saturday, August 9, 2014 8:44 AM
  • Thanks A lot Martin.

I have few question regarding to this process.

this Exchange server and EMC is already configured with german interface and i cant uninstall EMC?

we are around 10 people and i am the only one who want to access EMC in english. all other want to have in german.

as i could undersstand from your solution.

I need to unistall EMC first and then install language from Control panel.

then again set EMC.

thanks

Saturday, August 9, 2014 10:35 AM
  • Hello,

Is that the German version of OS where you are running your Exchange server? 

Exchange EMC language depends on OS version where you are running it. 

You could install Management Pack on English version of OS and just manage Exchange server from there...

Exchange 2010 FAQ: How Do I Install the Exchange 2010 Management Tools?- http://exchangeserverpro.com/exchange-2010-install-management-tools/

Blog | Get Your Exchange Powershell Tip of the Day from here

Saturday, August 9, 2014 9:38 PM
  • Hi krishnaback,

it's less steps than it may sound from my first posting. Please check that article for a step-by-step instruction:

http://mgitservice.blogspot.de/2014/08/how-to-change-exchange-2010-management.html

From my experience the thing people are struggeling the most is to find the right Interface language pack. :)

Regards,
    Martin

• Edited by Gudel, Martin Sunday, August 10, 2014 7:26 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Amit Tank Sunday, August 10, 2014 1:51 PM
    • Marked as answer by SJ04 Wednesday, August 31, 2016 6:02 AM
    Sunday, August 10, 2014 5:57 AM
  • Hallo Martin.

Dankeschön..

This article is helpful for me.vielen dank.

Monday, August 11, 2014 7:47 AM
  • Hi krishnaback,

please don't forget to mark as "answered", if it worked :)

Thanks.
    Martin

Friday, August 15, 2014 5:56 PM
  • Martin!

Just short question. yes this is worked for me. Now i want to no one more. thing.

I want to Change also the language of Domain controller.

And what if i update my servers then i need to update it sepratelly or there will be Updates included with windows update.-

Sunday, August 17, 2014 7:37 AM
  • Hi krishnaback,

what do you exaktly mean with "I want to Change also the language of Domain controller." ?
    Please keep in mind your Domain Controller used in your Exchange AD site SHOULD be installed using the same language  as your Exchange. On the other Hand, if we are still talking about the Language Interface paket, there is no impact.  

Please consider this: your domain controller is expected to be a secure server. So please do not install additional Services, and also please do not use it to logon as an administrative user. So you SHOULD never require to install any language pack as there is no application that required it. Use a management workstation or management server instead.

You can update language interface packs with the OS updates from WSUS. Please check updates for your OS.
    It's just Standard.

Regards,
    Martin

Sunday, August 17, 2014 5:42 PM
  • Hallo Martin

Thanks again.

I only mean that as i changed the language interface on exchange server for one user with german to English with Multi user interface.

Both servers are installed in german language and i just changed the langusge interface for EMC.

i need to know can i follow the same process for AD. and just changed the language interface for it also.

i didnt really understand here:"Please consider this: your domain controller is expected to be a secure server. So please do not install additional Services, and also please do not use it to logon as an administrative user. So you SHOULD never require to install any language pack as there is no application that required it. Use a management workstation or management server instead."

thanks

Monday, August 18, 2014 6:29 PM
  • Hallo.

can you please replay about my last question.

this would be really helpful for me.

thanks

Friday, August 22, 2014 6:33 PM