none
Digital Channel Changed -- Media Center does not find new channel RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone,

WSYX in Columbus, OH changed it's digital channel on August 30. I went to TV under settings and ran a scan so that Media Center would find the relocated channel. It does not find the new channel. I have even reset all the options and had Media Center start from scratch, but it always finds the old, now non-working channel. How do I get Media Center to add the new channel? I have also tried adding the channel manually (under Guide). I know the new channel is UHF 48-1, but then Media Center asks for a two-digit "assigned frequency" and I have no idea what that is. Googling hasn't helped either. I had my TV do a channel scan, and it had no problem finding the relocated channel. No such luck with Media Center. Any ideas?

Thursday, September 2, 2010 7:17 PM

Answers

All replies

• I'm thinking that "assigned frequency" is the station's old analog channel number - in your case, 06(?)
    Give that a try?

HTH,
    Chris

MS-MVP (Media Center) [If this post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" or "Helpful" button at the top of this message. By marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer faster.]
    Friday, September 3, 2010 2:35 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for the post!

I recommend you remove the old Channel firstly, and then adding the new Channel again. Please refer to “To remove channels from the Guide” and “To add a missing broadcast TV channel” here: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-media-center/learn-more/record-tv/tutorials/broadcast-tv-setup-guide.aspx#Delete

Hope it helps!

Best Regards,

Miya Yao

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Tuesday, September 7, 2010 8:31 AM
  • Same problem here, fresh rescan does not find WSYX. Changing to a nearby zip code still finds the old off air channel. The link sent by Miya goes to a generic help page, not relevant to media center. Please post anything you tried there might be a solution here.
    Sunday, October 20, 2019 1:54 PM