How to send notification to change creator for approval or rejection of change requests RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am currently having trouble setting up notifications for change request approve/rejected

I have created the workflows required, but i am unable to find where to configure approval or rejected notification.

The review activity has no option for this

What is the difference between review activity completed and review activity failed

Kindly some one help me on this

Thanks,

chlava

• Edited by chlava Friday, July 21, 2017 8:59 AM
    Friday, July 21, 2017 8:50 AM

Answers

• Hi

I am not sure exactly of what you are trying to do, but hopefully this will help.

• Review Activity Completed = RA Approved
    • Review Activity Failed = RA Rejected

If you want to send a notification after the RA has been Approved or Rejected, create a subscription based on the Status of the RA changing to Completed (approved) or Failed (Rejected). 

A couple of common problems with RA email templates are:

• getting data from the parent - either use Seed Role or copy data to the RA itself via PowerShell, Orchestrator
    • getting the correct recipients for the subscription - use DL's or again copy information to custom properties.

I wrote a couple of blog posts on Email Templates and Subscriptions that might be useful:

In the Part 1 blog I give an example of a Review Activity Approve and Reject email. Basically it triggers when a RA goes In Progress and sends an email to the Reviewers with two email links (they create a reply email with the Approve and Reject keywords) and use the Exchange Connector to monitor the reply to mailbox.

Regards

Glen

Web: www.xapity.com  |   Twitter: @xapityapps  |   Facebook: xapityapps

• Marked as answer by chlava Monday, July 24, 2017 2:39 AM
    Friday, July 21, 2017 11:03 PM

All replies

• Hi

I am not sure exactly of what you are trying to do, but hopefully this will help.

• Review Activity Completed = RA Approved
    • Review Activity Failed = RA Rejected

If you want to send a notification after the RA has been Approved or Rejected, create a subscription based on the Status of the RA changing to Completed (approved) or Failed (Rejected). 

A couple of common problems with RA email templates are:

• getting data from the parent - either use Seed Role or copy data to the RA itself via PowerShell, Orchestrator
    • getting the correct recipients for the subscription - use DL's or again copy information to custom properties.

I wrote a couple of blog posts on Email Templates and Subscriptions that might be useful:

In the Part 1 blog I give an example of a Review Activity Approve and Reject email. Basically it triggers when a RA goes In Progress and sends an email to the Reviewers with two email links (they create a reply email with the Approve and Reject keywords) and use the Exchange Connector to monitor the reply to mailbox.

Regards

Glen

Web: www.xapity.com  |   Twitter: @xapityapps  |   Facebook: xapityapps

• Marked as answer by chlava Monday, July 24, 2017 2:39 AM
    Friday, July 21, 2017 11:03 PM
  • Hi Mark,

This is exactly what i want.

Thanks for the help

Thanks,

chlava

Monday, July 24, 2017 2:39 AM