none
List items not saving correctly RRS feed

• Question

• We are on Project Server 2007 and have a user who says she will update a list item and the next time she goes to the site (few days later), the item is showing the previous version.  I have not seen this happen, but I trust that she is actually saving the item before closing the site.  Versioning was not turned on for the list so we did that and are waiting to see if this issue happens again.  Has anyone else experienced this before?  I have only heard of this occuring on one site and with 2-3 specific users.
    Monday, February 24, 2014 7:08 PM

All replies

• Hi Jilian,

The first thing would be to confirm this unexpected behaviour by yourself doing some tests. Indeed evenif you trust your user, the sentence "a user who says..." is not much to start a debugging process.

Then if it is confirmed, you should check on which list it is happening. My first idea is for example if you update the "deliverables" list, if the PM changes back the deliverables values to the former values from Project Pro, the develirables list in Sharepoint will be updated back to the old value.

I would also recommend to activate the versioning on those lists, so you can ensure that nobody changes back the list item to the old value.

Finally you could check the user profile of the 2-3 users that encounter this issue, and eventually recreate it.

Hope this helps.

Guillaume Rouyre - MBA, MCP, MCTS

Monday, February 24, 2014 7:18 PM