Can I change the Word menu from German to English? RRS feed

• Question

• I need to know certain terms of Word commands in English. The easiest way would be if I changed my own Word program from German to English. Is it possible to do that in a non-complicated manner (so I can return it to German once I'm done with my translation)?

Any replies are really appreciated! :-)

Thursday, February 18, 2016 11:15 AM

Answers

• Hi,

The Office for Mac user interface (menu items, buttons, or other interface elements) and Help content change dynamically based on your operating system preferences, so one way to change the language in Office for Mac is to change the language of your operating system.

To change the language of your operating system, do the following:
    1. Click the Apple menu, and then click System Preferences.

2. Click Language & Region.

3. Click the  + sign under Preferred languages, select a language from the list, and click Add.

4. When asked if you want to make this language your primary language, click Use [Language Name].

You can also set a primary language by dragging a language to the top of the Preferred languages list.

5. You may have to restart your computer for language changes to take effect.

For more information, see:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Changing-the-default-language-for-Office-2016-for-Mac-programs-f2c7e2ec-1bb6-4999-ac2b-9ee59f934be3

Regards,

Steve Fan
    TechNet Community Support

Please mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful.

If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.
    • Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Tuesday, March 1, 2016 9:50 AM
    • Marked as answer by Steve Fan Wednesday, March 2, 2016 9:25 AM
    Friday, February 19, 2016 6:05 AM

All replies

• I need to know certain terms of Word commands in English. The easiest way would be if I changed my own Word program from German to English. Is it possible to do that in a non-complicated manner (so I can return it to German once I'm done with my translation)?

Any replies are really appreciated! :-)

Forgot to say that I've got Word for Mac 2016. 

Thursday, February 18, 2016 11:17 AM
  • Hi,

The Office for Mac user interface (menu items, buttons, or other interface elements) and Help content change dynamically based on your operating system preferences, so one way to change the language in Office for Mac is to change the language of your operating system.

To change the language of your operating system, do the following:
    1. Click the Apple menu, and then click System Preferences.

2. Click Language & Region.

3. Click the  + sign under Preferred languages, select a language from the list, and click Add.

4. When asked if you want to make this language your primary language, click Use [Language Name].

You can also set a primary language by dragging a language to the top of the Preferred languages list.

5. You may have to restart your computer for language changes to take effect.

For more information, see:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Changing-the-default-language-for-Office-2016-for-Mac-programs-f2c7e2ec-1bb6-4999-ac2b-9ee59f934be3

Regards,

Steve Fan
    TechNet Community Support

Please mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful.

If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.
    • Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Tuesday, March 1, 2016 9:50 AM
    • Marked as answer by Steve Fan Wednesday, March 2, 2016 9:25 AM
    Friday, February 19, 2016 6:05 AM