windows fax and scan problem. RRS feed

• Question

• I have a samsung clx-3305w wifi printer. 

connected wifi, all other software I'm using (eg, word/painshop pro etc), sees the printer and has no problem scanning from it.

when I try to scan a doc to fax using windows fax and scan, I get the following error window:

"No scanners were detected.  If a scanner is installed, make sure that it is powered on and connected to

the computer, and then try again.

for information about adding or troubleshooting scanners, see help and support"

if I connect the printer to the computer with USB, fax and scan sees it no problem....

would appreciate any advice
    cheers

Wednesday, September 11, 2013 3:06 PM

Answers

• Hi ,

You may go to Device Manager, right click your hardware device in the list and select Update Driver Software; then click Search automatically for updated driver software.

Note: Drivers on the Windows Update site are directly provided by hardware manufacturers. Microsoft tests drivers in various environments before they are published; however, we cannot guarantee all drivers will work on all hardware platforms as there are too many different models, although their hardware ID are the same as the standard version. In some cases, due to hardware modifications by different manufacturers, the driver updates may cause some error.

At this point, I suggest install or update the latest driver for Windows 7 to check the result.

Please try to remove the third-party antivirus software and Clean Boot to check if the issue persists.

How to perform a clean boot to troubleshoot a problem in Windows 8, Windows 7, or Windows Vista

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

I also would like to suggest you visit the samsung web site for assistance.

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/

Please Note: Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.

Regards,

Blair Deng

Blair Deng

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Monday, September 23, 2013 12:40 PM
    Thursday, September 12, 2013 9:39 AM