none
assigning a team task to “me” in PWA- Doesnt work for me RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We are having difficulty assigning a team task to “me” in PWA. I’ve read countless posts on this issue, non of which have been able to resolve it for me:

Here is what I have done thus far,

1. created lookup table with the relevant team names

2. associated the lookup table with the resource type Team name enterprise field

3. associated the teams with the enterprise resources

4. created one generic resource; Type  work & generic box ticked. associated him with the same team name, and ticked the box for the team assignment pool for that generic resource only.

5.  i then Build a Team from Enterprise. All of which belong to the same team. I understand you need to add them to allow them to see/assign a team task to themselves.

6. Added a task to my plan, and assigned the generic resource I talked about earlier.

7.  in project web app. > My tasks. Nothing shows. So we then chose “insert row” then “Insert team tasks” which displays all team tasks available. So we have all tried ( in turn) to tick the box, then press “assign to me” button, but we all get the same  error “One or more of the specified tasks could not be re-assigned. This can happen if the proposed resource to be assigned already has an assignment on the given tasks or the specified assignment is deleted or rejected.”

This is a brandnew installation, with only this one test plan on the server, Im really not sure what else to do, I’ve updated the server software to the latest CU. SP1 is installed. My guys are part of the project team, the tasks are not 100% complete. The generic and team member resources are “committed”

Any ideas?

Monday, March 5, 2012 3:15 PM

All replies

• anyone?

Tuesday, March 6, 2012 8:22 AM
  • bump....
    Tuesday, March 6, 2012 3:04 PM
  • Ok I managed to get this working! I was only able to get this working by swapping my generic resource who i thought i would be able to use as my common team resource, with my teamleads name, and putting the flag in hisTeam Assignment Pool. Not sure if i misunderstood the “generic” resource type

Tuesday, March 6, 2012 4:34 PM