BitLocker won't open drive.

Question

• When I double click on the locked (BitLocker) drive I get a "Not Accessable" pop up. The pop up doesn't open to allow me to enter my password. And if I right click , and then click on unlock . Nothing happens . No pop up to allow me to enter password. If I go to control panel - bit-locker - and choose a drive , then click unlock , nothing happens. Any one know how to work around this problem 
    Tuesday, April 10, 2012 3:31 PM

Answers

• Before you use repair-bde command, check if you can unlock a drive using manage-bde command.

>manage-bde -unlock D: -pw

where D is the drive letter

We will prompt you to enter the password.

If it fails, get the error message.

Alos get the outpout of this command.

>manage-bde -protectors -get D:

where D is the drive letter.

Manoj Sehgal

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 10:16 AM
  • Try the steps in the following article. repair-bde tool is present in Windows 8.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928201

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Thursday, April 12, 2012 7:41 AM

All replies

• Try the steps in the following article. repair-bde tool is present in Windows 8.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928201

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Thursday, April 12, 2012 7:41 AM
  • Before you use repair-bde command, check if you can unlock a drive using manage-bde command.

>manage-bde -unlock D: -pw

where D is the drive letter

We will prompt you to enter the password.

If it fails, get the error message.

Alos get the outpout of this command.

>manage-bde -protectors -get D:

where D is the drive letter.

Manoj Sehgal

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 10:16 AM
  • Fixed it. Thank you.
    Saturday, April 28, 2012 5:22 PM