none
DPM 2012 RTM upgrade to SP1 fails RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everybody.

I have a server with DPM 2012 RTM installed. I've tried to upgrade it to DPM 2012 SP1, but it fails with this error:

An older version of DPM is installed on this computer. Please upgrade to System Center 2012 DPMRelease Candidate and launch setup again. (ID: 33339)

However, my installed DPM version is newer than any release candidate, as it's version 2012 RTM. My DPM reports version "4.0.1908.0", which is the RTM version, according to http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/4058.list-of-build-numbers-for-system-center-data-protection-manager-dpm-en-us/revision/6.aspx

So, I'm required to downgrade my RTM installation to a release candidate version, prior to upgrade to SP1?! Yeah right :-)

According to the above web site, there's a DPM 2012 SP1 out (4.0.2042.0), and that's the one I'm trying to install.

So, how do I get DPM 2012 SP1 installed?
    • Edited by Thomas Makro Thursday, June 7, 2012 10:48 AM highlight tags removed
    Thursday, June 7, 2012 7:02 AM

Answers

• Hi,

DPM 2012 Sp1 is still in beta and has not yet been released to the general public.  You will need to wait for general availability and formal support.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

• Marked as answer by Thomas Makro Thursday, July 12, 2012 7:01 AM
    Friday, June 29, 2012 2:02 AM

All replies

• Did you get a fix to this?  I have the same issue.  Downloaded bits from MS Volume License site, but SP1 will not install saying that I have an older version. 

BF

Thursday, June 28, 2012 7:57 PM
  • Hi,

DPM 2012 Sp1 is still in beta and has not yet been released to the general public.  You will need to wait for general availability and formal support.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

• Marked as answer by Thomas Makro Thursday, July 12, 2012 7:01 AM
    Friday, June 29, 2012 2:02 AM