none
Virtual Machine Cluster WMI Failed

Question

• Hi, I have a two node VMM cluster running on Server 2016. Under Cluster Infrastructure the Virtual machine Cluster WMI resource has failed with the following error: "The Supplied Kernel Information Version is invalid"

If I attempt to bring it online the error changes to "Failed to bring the resource Virtual Machine Cluster WMI online"

I also see the following event ID 21502 for Hyper-V-High-Availability:

'Virtual Machine Cluster WMI' failed to take cluster WMI provider offline during the initialization of the resource: Class not registered (0x80040154).

I've done some googling but am struggling to find anything on this one can anyone help who may have seen this before?

Thanks

Friday, January 5, 2018 3:19 PM

All replies

• Hello,

You should check if the WMI service is running. The following article introduces the methods for troubleshooting the WMI issues. You can follow the steps in it.

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/clustering/2010/11/23/trouble-connecting-to-cluster-nodes-check-wmi/

Best regards,

Andy Liu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, January 8, 2018 1:14 AM
  • Hi thanks for getting back to me. Whilst that article isn't related to my specific issue I have followed all troubleshooting steps and still have the same issue with the Virtual Mahcine Cluster WMI resource not starting and the error "The Supplied Kernel information version is invalid"

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Wednesday, January 17, 2018 3:29 PM
  • I am fasing the same issue in my environment, but my cluster working fine. is this issue related to VMM.
    Friday, July 20, 2018 9:29 AM
  • Anyone ever have an update or solution to this?

Experiencing the same issue on two nodes participating in a VMM cluster.

Wednesday, September 26, 2018 1:48 PM