Question when creating a ghost image RRS feed

• Question

• When using Symantec Ghost to create an image of a Windows XP or Vista computer where Forefront Client Security is installed, is there a GUID or unique identifier that needs to be cleared before creating the image to ensure that each Client Security client is uniquely identified? 

We already clear out "SusClientIdValidation" and "SusClientId" located at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate

to ensure that each WSUS client has a unique identifier associated with it.

Thanks

Monday, May 5, 2008 3:00 PM

All replies

• Hi there, I have a situation here, We have Forefront and I included it to our base ghost images of all the computer models that we have, since then everytime the technicians ghost PC I have notified that there are DCOM errors in the system event log. After searching the ause of this I found out that it was from the MOM agent installed with forefront that caused this. Except that I don't see any other problem but I have to admit it is quite annoying cause every hour a red "X" appears int the event log. The DCOM error is this one:

Event Type: Error
    Event Source: DCOM
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 10009
    Date:  2008-06-10
    Time:  12:40:00
    User:  SYSTEM
    Computer: wxpfr4tr
    Description:
    DCOM was unable to communicate with the computer "computername" using any of the configured protocols.

the computer name is actually the computer name where I have made the base ghost image on prior to syprep it. Any help would be appreciated as I haven't pinpointed out how to get rid of that.

Tuesday, June 10, 2008 9:05 PM