Data Loss Prevention Exchange 2013 - Custom NDR's RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am testing DLP in Exchange 2013 CU14, and would like to know if it is possible to apply custom NDR's to policies?

I am familiar with creating new DSN messages using the New-SystemMessage cmdlet but cannot see a way to attach the custom messages to policies in DLP.

To be more specific, the NDR text I would like to change is contained within the DLP rule below:

The custom text I want to use contains more characters than I'm able to enter into the field via EAC manually.

Creating a custom Policy Tip doesn't work as they are not available for selection - even though the rule set heading is "notify the sender with a Policy Tip"

What is best way to deal with this problem please?

Regards

Matt

Thursday, November 24, 2016 11:33 AM

All replies

• You can use PowerShell.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd298082(v=exchg.160).aspx

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

Friday, November 25, 2016 4:59 AM
  • Hi,

The following command is for reference, try something via New-TransportRule

New-TransportRule -Name Test -RejectMessageReasonText "Unable to deliver your message. You can override this policy by adding more information." -RejectMessageEnhancedStatusCode "5.7.1"

If I just create the same transport rule as yours, the Default NDR code is 5.7.1.

Best Regards,

Lynn-Li
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, November 25, 2016 10:24 AM
  • Hi Lynn-Li,

Thanks for the reply.

Your suggestion sounds like it may be a solution - can you just explain the "MessageContainsDataClassifications" part of the rule please? Does this link the existing "Credit Card Number" DLP policy with this new transport rule, or is this a new DLP Policy being specified?

Thanks

Matt

Monday, November 28, 2016 11:48 AM
  • Hi Lynn-Li,

Thanks for the reply.

Your suggestion sounds like it may be a solution - can you just explain the "MessageContainsDataClassifications" part of the rule please? Does this link the existing "Credit Card Number" DLP policy with this new transport rule, or is this a new DLP Policy being specified?

Thanks

Matt

Yes, it links the existing "Credit Card Number" DLP policy. If you create the transport rule like the following screenshot in EAC, you will get the same result in "MessageContainsDataClassifications" part.

Best Regards,

Lynn-Li
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 29, 2016 8:29 AM