Expand/Collapse in a Scorecard - SharePoint 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I created a filter (member selection), it has a parent and a child hierarchy. I created a score card where the parent child hierarchy is on the row.

I have the + sign next to each parent and I can expand and collapse the row in design time or when I deploy it to the server, however when I connect the filter to the scorecard in the dashboard and deploy it I lose the +/- sign functionality in the scorecard (the filter still shows the parent child hierarchy).

Can anyone help me figure out why this happens?

Thanks,

Itzhak

Tuesday, September 6, 2011 8:08 PM

Answers

All replies

• Itzhak,

How did you connect your filter to the row?  You wan tto make the connection to the Row Hierarchies and not just the row.

Thanks
    Heidi Tr - MSFT

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Wednesday, September 7, 2011 7:28 PM
  • Hello Heidi,

I did connect the filter to the "Row Hierarchies", it actually connect to the "/All"under "Row Hierarchies".

The source value: Member Uniwue Name.

Thanks,

Itzhak

Itzhak
    Wednesday, September 7, 2011 10:12 PM
  • Hello,

I haven't received any hint regarding this issue, so I thought if I clarify.

I created a scorecard using a dimensional hierarchy and setup look like that:

When I deploy the dashboard without connecting the scorecard to a the filter the expand/collapse functinality exists:

When I connect the filter it loses the expand/collapse functionality, the connection is done with the "connect to:" pointing to "Row Hierarchies" "/All" and the "Source value" to "Member Unique Name" without anything in the "Connection Formula"

The filter is based on a dimension hierarchy (parent client and a child client, 2 levels).

Is there anything that I missing?

I have tried different combinations but nothing worked.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Itzhak

Itzhak
    Friday, September 16, 2011 10:36 PM
  • Try using the method described in this post:

http://www.bidn.com/blogs/MarkGStacey/bidn-blog/1735/using-performance-points-scorecards-as-filters-to-solve-cascading-dropdown-and-row-count-issues

Although this post targets a different functionality but you can use parts of it to get what you need.

http://dailyitsolutions.blogspot.com/
    Tuesday, September 20, 2011 3:02 PM
  • Hello,

Thank you, I managed to create a new scorecard that I used as a filter but it still doesn't give me the functionality that is required.

The filters give you the ability to create multi-select functionality that this work around doesn't.

Thanks again for your help, I still don't understand why connecting the scorecard to the filter causing the scorecard to lose the expand/collapse functionality.

Thanks,

Itzhak

Itzhak
    Tuesday, September 20, 2011 6:20 PM
  • You are correct, the expand/collapse (+/-) on scorecards for the hierarchies is not retained.  This is a real bummer because this is very nice functionality that was added in 2010.

You are experiencing the same issue as this thread - Filtering dynamic hierarchy in PPS 2010 scorecard (http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ppsmonitoringandanalytics/thread/50d4aaaa-208b-490d-920f-73bd1eb1f35a).

When you try to connect a filter to a hierarchy the expand/collapse goes away and it is flattened out. You can still drill up and drill down, but that is it.

Dan English's BI Blog
    • Marked as answer by idorner Friday, September 23, 2011 3:50 PM
    Friday, September 23, 2011 12:20 AM
  • Thank you very much, I thought I was going nuts :--)

Itzhak

Itzhak
    Friday, September 23, 2011 3:50 PM