Smart PDF Converter RRS feed

• Question

• I was running Smart PDF Converter as an add-in in MS 2007, I have upgraded to MS 2010 and now I do not have the add-in ribbon, I had previously in 2007.

The software publisher, suggested uninstalling it, re-starting the computer, and installing the program again.  It did not work.  I still do not have the ribbon.

Can anyone help me out.

Thanks.

gfernandez1214

Friday, November 30, 2012 11:33 PM

Answers

• On Fri, 30 Nov 2012 23:33:53 +0000, gfernandez1214 wrote:

I was running Smart PDF Converter as an add-in in MS 2007, I have upgraded to MS 2010 and now I do not have the add-in ribbon, I had previously in 2007.

The software publisher, suggested uninstalling it, re-starting the computer, and installing the program again.  It did not work.  I still do not have the ribbon.

Can anyone help me out.

Thanks.

I'm not familiar with Smart PDF, but if you are looking for freeware, you could google for another alternative.

Or, since you are now using Word 2010, you could use File tab | Save As. Just choose PDF for file type.

Stefan Blom, Microsoft Word MVP

• Edited by Stefan BlomMVP Sunday, December 2, 2012 12:34 PM
    • Marked as answer by Max Meng Tuesday, December 4, 2012 12:38 PM
    Sunday, December 2, 2012 12:19 PM

All replies

• On Fri, 30 Nov 2012 23:33:53 +0000, gfernandez1214 wrote:

I was running Smart PDF Converter as an add-in in MS 2007, I have upgraded to MS 2010 and now I do not have the add-in ribbon, I had previously in 2007.

Can anyone help me out.

Thanks.

I'm not familiar with Smart PDF, but if you are looking for freeware, you could google for another alternative.

Or, since you are now using Word 2010, you could use File tab | Save As. Just choose PDF for file type.

• Edited by Stefan BlomMVP Sunday, December 2, 2012 12:34 PM
    • Marked as answer by Max Meng Tuesday, December 4, 2012 12:38 PM
    Sunday, December 2, 2012 12:19 PM
  • Thanks, but I am not trying to convert from word to pdf, I need to go from PDF to Word, within MS Office.

Again, thanks for your help and interest, however it is not what I am looking for.

Tuesday, December 4, 2012 4:39 PM
  • "gfernandez1214" wrote in message news:37383849-d451-45e2-9ccc-fbd512c945f7@communitybridge.codeplex.com...
    Thanks, but I am not trying to convert from word to pdf, I need to go from PDF to Word, within MS Office.
    Again, thanks for your help and interest, however it is not what I am looking for.

Sorry, but Word 2007 (or 2010) can’t open PDF files, only create them; in other words, you’ll need third-party software.

I’m told that Word 2013 can open PDFs for editing, though, if that helps.

Tuesday, December 4, 2012 6:58 PM
  • Hello,

You should try to use PDF to Word  conversion software that converts multiple PDF files (upto 50 PDF files) to Word document files in a single conversion cycle.This tool also help in recovers all the data including OLE objects, images, fonts, forms, graphs, hyperlinks, tables, graphics and other information from PDF files to Word Document files in their original format.You can get more information from here www.freepdftowordconverter.net

Wednesday, February 13, 2013 7:24 AM