Outlook 2003 stopped receiving mail RRS feed

• Question

• My Outlook 2003 has suddenly stopped receiving mail. When I click on the 'send/receive' button on the toolbar, a message comes up saying "The Operation Failed." Although I can read existing received and sent mail messages, the 'operation failed' message comes up if I try to create a new message or reply to an existing message. I am using Windows 10 and although there are compatibility issues with this version of Outlook, this has never happened before.
    Sunday, November 26, 2017 5:06 PM

All replies

• Hi,

If your Send/Receive Group is damaged, you may run into this issue. To solve this, you can recreate a new Send/Receive Group. Follow the steps in this article.

This issue is also likely caused by the corrupted profile. You can try recreating a new Outlook profile. Please read this article about how to create a new Outlook profile.

Besides, it is suggested to try opening Outlook in safe mode (press Win + R, type “outlook /safe”, press Enter.) to check if it behaves normally. This helps eliminate whether the problem lies in any third party add-ins.

What’s more, Outlook 2003 has reached the end of its support lifecycle. It’s highly recommended to upgrade to a supported version to get better support and user experience.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Regards,

Perry Pan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Tuesday, November 28, 2017 9:43 AM
    Monday, November 27, 2017 7:59 AM
  • Hi,

Just want to check with you whether the issue is still persists.

Any updates, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Perry Pan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 28, 2017 9:43 AM