none
Can't Login to Lync RRS feed

• Question

• I have an Office365 Pro Plus license. There is a Lync icon on the Start page. I get an error message "Can't sign in to Lync - The username, password or domain appears to be incorrect..."

I'm sure that they are all correct. I'd like to try this product. Any ideas why I can't sign in?

Thanks.

Arthur Jenkins

Saturday, July 26, 2014 10:25 PM

Answers

• Hi Paul. Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately your answer just leads me to another question - how do I confirm that I have a valid, enabled Lync account?

I actually solved the issue with the help of Microsoft Support. I did not have a license, so I purchased one after logging into Office 365. I also learned that I needed to add SRV and CNAME records to my DNS host. GoDaddy support assisted me with this, after I read the article Troubleshooting Lync Online DNS configuration issues in Office 365. After creating the records per this article, I ran the Office 365 Custom/Vanity Domain Name Settings Test for Lync. I viewed the results of the test and discovered the values returned by the test for the SRV records, which I entered into Lync by clicking on the gear icon on the Lync login screen, choosing Personal and Advanced. I selected Manual configuration and entered the values returned by the above mentioned test into the Internal Server Name and External Server Name fields.

Only then was I able to successfully login to Lync.

Regards

Arthur Jenkins

• Marked as answer by AJinCA Tuesday, July 29, 2014 11:08 PM
    Tuesday, July 29, 2014 11:07 PM

All replies

• You will need to confirm that you do have a valid, enabled Lync account. 

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" and if it answered your question, please click "Mark As Answer"
    Lync Sorted blog

Monday, July 28, 2014 4:22 AM
  • Hi Paul. Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately your answer just leads me to another question - how do I confirm that I have a valid, enabled Lync account?

I actually solved the issue with the help of Microsoft Support. I did not have a license, so I purchased one after logging into Office 365. I also learned that I needed to add SRV and CNAME records to my DNS host. GoDaddy support assisted me with this, after I read the article Troubleshooting Lync Online DNS configuration issues in Office 365. After creating the records per this article, I ran the Office 365 Custom/Vanity Domain Name Settings Test for Lync. I viewed the results of the test and discovered the values returned by the test for the SRV records, which I entered into Lync by clicking on the gear icon on the Lync login screen, choosing Personal and Advanced. I selected Manual configuration and entered the values returned by the above mentioned test into the Internal Server Name and External Server Name fields.

Only then was I able to successfully login to Lync.

Regards

Arthur Jenkins

• Marked as answer by AJinCA Tuesday, July 29, 2014 11:08 PM
    Tuesday, July 29, 2014 11:07 PM