Corrupt PST file within Outlook 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• Despite every precaution, my PST got corrupt. The scanpst fails to complete the process and closes automatically. 
    Wednesday, August 29, 2018 3:43 AM

Answers

• Hi GregRA,

Thank you for your update.

As here we mainly focus on issues regarding Outlook client, I’m not familiar with third-party tools. According to my research, you can refer to the details in this article.

(Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.)

Please rememeber to back up your PST files before repairing.

By the way, although the size limit for PST file is 50GB by default. It is recommended to keep it lower than 10 GB. Otherwise, you may experience application pauses or data file corruption.

We can reduce the size of your Outlook data file by moving or archiving items from the file.

Hope this is helpful to you.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Marked as answer by GregRA Thursday, August 30, 2018 8:24 AM
    Thursday, August 30, 2018 1:32 AM

All replies

• Hi GregRA,

What's your account type? Exchange, POP or IMAP?

What's the size of PST file? Oversized Outlook PST file could result in failure to repair PST files.

If the PST file was broken, scanpst.exe cannot repair it. Normally, it is an effective tool to overcome minor corruption issues

If you can open Outlook client, we can export all the items to a new PST file. Please refer to this link.

If the above don't work for you, you may need to find other repair tool.

Any updates, please feel free to tell me.

Regards,

Perr

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Edited by Perry-Pan Wednesday, August 29, 2018 8:16 AM
    Wednesday, August 29, 2018 8:02 AM
  • What's your account type? Exchange, POP or IMAP?>>

Its POP

What's the size of PST file? Oversized Outlook PST file could result in failure to repair PST files.>>

Around 13GB

If you can open Outlook client, we can export all the items to a new PST file. Please refer to>>

Outlook is stuck on the processing screen 

If the above don't work for you, you may need to find other repair tool>>

Which tool should i use, Please suggest.

Wednesday, August 29, 2018 11:38 AM
  • Hi GregRA,

Thank you for your update.

As here we mainly focus on issues regarding Outlook client, I’m not familiar with third-party tools. According to my research, you can refer to the details in this article.

(Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.)

Please rememeber to back up your PST files before repairing.

By the way, although the size limit for PST file is 50GB by default. It is recommended to keep it lower than 10 GB. Otherwise, you may experience application pauses or data file corruption.

We can reduce the size of your Outlook data file by moving or archiving items from the file.

Hope this is helpful to you.

Regards,

Perry

• Marked as answer by GregRA Thursday, August 30, 2018 8:24 AM
    Thursday, August 30, 2018 1:32 AM
  • Follow the instruction suggested by Perry_Pan. Also you can check top 6 best PST Repair tool from here

Please try the demo version of software first so that you can check their performance. 

Thursday, August 30, 2018 4:01 AM
  • Thanks for the help, Tried the suggested software got better results from Stellar Phoenix Outlook PST Repair. I will go with this tool.

Thanks Again. 

Thursday, August 30, 2018 8:24 AM