Word 2013 - Signtaure Line - Restrict Partial Document RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

I have created a document where multiple signatures by various individuals are required at different stages, and parts, of the document. Is there a way to use a digital signature in Word 2013 to restrict only a certain part of the document once it is signed, allowing the remaining of the document to remain editable? Therefore the part of the document which is linked to the signature can be restricted and maintain it's integrity.

For example, Team A are required to add their contribution to the document in Section A and then digitally sign off their part. Once done, they then need to pass the same document to Team B to add their contribution in Section B in the document and then digitally sign off their part only. Team B will not be changing Team A's part of the document. The document must also be the same document and cannot be split as it is part of a single report. Sections which require sign off must remain it's integrity. It will also not be feasible to gather all the information from the different teams first and then re-distribute the document for signing on a separate occasion as parts of the document cannot be completed until sign off is received.

Many thanks for your assistance

Alahen2000

Tuesday, February 14, 2017 5:29 AM

All replies

• Hi Alahen,

Based on my test and research, I am afraid the query can not be achieved my the built-in feature in Word client.

But you may consider referring to the article below to see if the SharePoint workflow can meet your requirement:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/All-about-Collect-Signatures-workflows-ee27dc94-8b8d-4d2b-898c-1754a397cb2b

Hope the above information can be helpful.

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, February 15, 2017 10:33 AM
  • Hi Yuki,

Many thanks for your response. Could this query be solved with VBA script within Word?

Kind Regards,

Alahen2000

Sunday, February 19, 2017 10:12 PM
  • Hi Alahen2000,

Based on my knowledge, since this can not be realized by the built-in feature in Word, so it could not be achieved by VBA code either.

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, February 20, 2017 8:36 AM