none
Unable to contact DPM protection agent RRS feed

• Question

• I am having continuing difficulty for many over 15 weeks now of my DPM server reporting that it cannot contact the DPM agent.  The DPM server and protected server are both in the same domain.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the agent multiple times both from the DPM server and on the protected server (which in fact, is a file server).  I continue to receive warnings but sometimes the backups occur even when I have received multiple warning.  However, this morning I received a message on the DPM server itself that the "agent not reachable" and this concerned me even more, especially since the backups did not run over the weekend.

I have stopped protection of the file server and then restarted it.  I noticed on the file server that the DPM agent is not set to start automatically, and so I set it to do so, and then "started" it.  After talking with a colleague, he indicated that his is set to manual and he has not had the issues that I have.

I have followed your threads quite closely, but much of them have dealt with computers that are not in the same domain, which of course is not my issue.

Thanks for any help that you can give.  I am running DPM 2010.

Don Buchheit

Monday, December 5, 2011 1:42 PM

All replies

• it's the forum of DPM 2012 beta....you are OT. about your problem what kind of error there's in the event viewer of computer with the agent? could be a problem with antivirus program. windows version? DPM have the last update? the agent also? if you have an AV the exclusion rule has been created?

S

S.Net
    MCITP Enterprise Administrator - MCTS Virtualization - Operations Manager 2007 - Exchange Server 2007 - MCSE-M
    S.Net Blog
    WindowServer.it
    WindowServer.it Learning Portal

Tuesday, December 6, 2011 5:29 PM