none
Database backing up to tape problem RRS feed

• Question

• I am running DPM2012R2 and I am having an issue backing up one of my Exchange 2010 databases to tape. I receive the following error.

The operation failed because of a protection agent failure. (ID 998 Details: The parameter is incorrect (0x80070057))

The other 5 Exchange 2010 databases backup just fine. The recovery point to disk is working fine on the failing database. Any thoughts as to why it fails to tape. Thanks.

Tuesday, April 21, 2015 2:42 PM

Answers

• HI,

There was a fix in DPM 2012 R2 UR5 for tape backups failing with 0x80070057, but it usually only ocured when there were millions of file, so may not be the same issue.

Please install UR5 + UR5 Hotfix and retry the backup.   If it still fails, please open a support case for further investigation.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, April 21, 2015 4:15 PM