WSUS 2016 not synchronizing with microsoft RRS feed

• Question

• Error details

SoapException: Fault occurred

at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)
       at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
       at Microsoft.UpdateServices.ServerSyncWebServices.ServerSync.ServerSyncProxy.GetUpdateData(Cookie cookie, UpdateIdentity[] updateIds)
       at Microsoft.UpdateServices.ServerSync.CatalogSyncAgentCore.WebserviceGetUpdateData(UpdateIdentity[] updateIds, List`1 allMetadata, List`1 allFileUrls, List`1& updatesWithSecureFileData, Boolean isForConfig)
       at Microsoft.UpdateServices.ServerSync.CatalogSyncAgentCore.GetUpdateDataInChunksAndImport(List`1 neededUpdates, List`1 allMetadata, List`1 allFileUrls, Boolean isConfigData)
       at Microsoft.UpdateServices.ServerSync.CatalogSyncAgentCore.GetAndSaveUpdateMetadata(List`1 updates)
       at Microsoft.UpdateServices.ServerSync.CatalogSyncAgentCore.ExecuteSyncProtocol(Boolean allowRe

nranawaka@phts.com

Friday, September 7, 2018 2:20 PM

Answers

• Hello sir,

Glad to provide help with your issue.

As far as i know, it is not only you who have encountered this issue. It seems that some of the packages released in the 9/5 of the Office 2016 category have caused this problem. 

However, Microsoft has fixed this issue, and i could sync successfully in my lab now (9/10). So please check again in your environment again and it should work now.

Hope my answer could help you.

Best Regards,
    Ray  

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, September 10, 2018 12:42 AM

All replies

• Same here - different errors:

- HTTP-error; timeout to 40.77.228.227:443

- Invalid Cookie

- Der vom Client gefundene Anforderungsinhaltstyp ist '', erwartet wurde 'text/xml'

Friday, September 7, 2018 3:28 PM
  • Created Out bound Firewall rule to allow port 443  on my WSUS server & It is working for me

netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="Allow WSUS TCP443" dir=OUT action=allow protocol=TCP localport=443

nranawaka@phts.com

Friday, September 7, 2018 7:20 PM
  • Didn´t work for me. Last successfull sync was on 6th September.
    Saturday, September 8, 2018 5:12 AM
  • Syncing is now working for me.  I had the exact same issue.  No fixes resolved it.  Microsoft must have resolved the issue.  I'm not happy Bob.  Not happy.  Next time I'll check the forums first before I spend hours troubleshooting.
    Sunday, September 9, 2018 3:46 PM
  • Hello sir,

Glad to provide help with your issue.

As far as i know, it is not only you who have encountered this issue. It seems that some of the packages released in the 9/5 of the Office 2016 category have caused this problem. 

However, Microsoft has fixed this issue, and i could sync successfully in my lab now (9/10). So please check again in your environment again and it should work now.

Hope my answer could help you.

Best Regards,
    Ray  

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, September 10, 2018 12:42 AM
  • Hello

I've encountered same problem. Since September 19th my WSUS 2016 won't synchronize with MS (error "SoapException: Fault occurred InvalidCookie..." as above). Adding rule to outbound firewall for port 443 didn't help. Last succesfull synchronization was September 18th.

Any help?

Regards

Vojtech Obrdlik

Thursday, September 20, 2018 3:44 AM
  • Hello,

Try to remove IE cookies and temps and check if it works.

Your situation is different from post owner, However, I suggest that you could reopen a post so that more people would see it.

Best Regards,
    Ray

Thursday, September 20, 2018 5:23 AM
  • Hello Ray,

thank you, clear cookies and temp of IE helped. Synchronization is running here again.

Vojtech Obrdlik

Thursday, September 20, 2018 8:58 AM