none
Help needed moving the Authenticator app to a new phone. RRS feed

• Question

• I was running Authenticator on a Windows Phone and have moved to an IPhone 7 this past weekend.  The Windows phone has been deactivated so it does not have access to the internet.  Can you refer me to a help line that can step me through the process to get the Authenticator app running on my IPhone 7?
    Monday, November 27, 2017 7:35 PM

All replies

• Hi JS Knight,

Microsoft Authenticator App does not support move it to another device. 

We should install Microsoft Authenticator app from apple store, and add your accounts to it.

If your account is Microsoft account, you should login to Microsoft account security page to "turn off all existing apps", then re-add that account to MFA.

If your account type is Azure AD user, we just re-add it to new app.

Best regards,

Jason

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 28, 2017 6:13 AM
  • Hi Jason,

I'm Azure AD user, when you said "just re-add", is it just by adding Work account using the Plus sign and then key in your work email account and password ?

I did that, and my work account already listed after that, but somehow it still not connect to my application. When my application saying waiting for approval sign in, there is no pop up question in my mobile asking me to approve it.

In that Microsoft authenticator, if I click that Work account which I just added, it has option to enable 2step verification, but then it run my camera to scan QR code which I don't what QR code  I need to scan.

Please help.

Thanks,

Zhong

• Proposed as answer by svenkat683 Friday, September 13, 2019 3:06 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by svenkat683 Friday, September 13, 2019 3:06 AM
    Monday, April 8, 2019 2:55 AM