none
Project Detail Page has Unique Permissions RRS feed

• Question

• Has anyone run into an issue were the OOB Schedule.aspx has unique permissions upon switching from SharePoint permissions mode to Project Server permissions mode in PS2013?

I'm getting an error with the schedule.aspx PDP in which the permissions are unique and cannot be managed. As a result non-admin users cannot create or open projects in PWA unless they have explicit "read" permissions to the schedule.aspx.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Roland

Wednesday, January 22, 2014 8:29 PM

Answers

• I checked the permissions on the PDP, the problem was I was getting an error when doing that. So what i did was import another PDP and deleted the old one. I'm not sure why the permissions broke in the first place though...
    • Marked as answer by Roland G29 Friday, February 7, 2014 4:37 AM
    Friday, February 7, 2014 4:36 AM

All replies

• Accidentally some one has removed the permission for PDP. NOw Schedule PDP is not inheriting permission from its parent. Please open the PDP permission and inherit the permission from its parent. once you will do this you will not face issue anymore.

http://azlav.umtblog.com/2011/05/03/applying-security-to-a-pdp/

Link is about 2010 but applies to 2013 also. link is telling about how to stop inheriting you have to do opposite to it.

Navigate to the PDP library in Server Settings.  Click on Library Settings under the Library tab.
    Select the link to Manage Permissions.
    Select inheriting permissions

kirtesh

Thursday, January 23, 2014 3:44 AM
  • I checked the permissions on the PDP, the problem was I was getting an error when doing that. So what i did was import another PDP and deleted the old one. I'm not sure why the permissions broke in the first place though...
    • Marked as answer by Roland G29 Friday, February 7, 2014 4:37 AM
    Friday, February 7, 2014 4:36 AM